Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
This was the filter I pulled off the Charger with around 500Km on it:

MoparFilter01.jpg

MoparFilter02.jpg

MoparFilter03.jpg

The pleat spacing on it was perfect. It looked like that all the way around, I was quite surprised. Seems like an extremely well built filter. The only thing I don't like is the nitrile ADBV which leaked when tested (not much though).

Originally Posted By: asharris7
Looks good. Is that standard media? Blend?

I assume standard paper media. Seemed quite durable, I could not tear it easily FWIW.

Why was it pulled so early? Looks like a WIX clone based on the bypass valve design.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Why was it pulled so early? Looks like a WIX clone based on the bypass valve design.

Because the dealer put in bulk whatever oil and I wanted to have a 0w-20 in there for the winter. As per my other thread I grabbed 4x FRAM Ultra's and 4x jugs of AFE 0w-20 so I changed this stuff out early. Think of it as a flush, LOL!

Wondering why you even let the dealer do it when you had your own oil, filter choices, etc? Especially for a 500 km run. Seems like a waste to me.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
yeah, he's north of the border, and Canadian Mopar Filters are known to be Wix.

Originally Posted By: toneydoc
Wondering why you even let the dealer do it when you had your own oil, filter choices, etc? Especially for a 500 km run. Seems like a waste to me.

They just "did it" as part of their PPI. Standard protocol.

A Wix made Mopar, looks good. For some reason Mopar filters, whether made by Purolator or Wix here use a nitrile adbv. With the exception of the adbv the Puro made Mopars look very similar if not identical to Motorcraft OEM.

Thanks for the pics.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Be careful some Mopar filters are purolators im not sure if they have the tear issues but is it worth the chance?

as i said, The OP is in Canada, and Canadian Mopar filters are known to be WIX. Yes, most of them here in the states are Purolator, with a few possible exceptions...

Be careful some Mopar filters are purolators im not sure if they have the tear issues but is it worth the chance?

So you've seen some Purolator built Mopar filters with tears?

Or are you just fueling the hysteria?

To the OP, that Wix built Mopar looks solid as a rock.

If you can buy those for $7 down at O'Reilly's, that's a winner all day long.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6

To the OP, that Wix built Mopar looks solid as a rock.

If you can buy those for $7 down at O'Reilly's, that's a winner all day long.

He just said he isn't sure if the Mopar filters are tearing, so I'd assume that would answer your question.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Originally Posted By: SilverC6

He just said he isn't sure if the Mopar filters are tearing, so I'd assume that would answer your question.

So why go there unless you are trying to sensationalize the Purolator tear issue?

There are no claims of tears in MOPAR branded filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back