Moly Greases.. Are these equivalent ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grease experts : Do you think these greases are fundamentally equivalent?
We had a situation where we expected a consultant to recommend a grease, but we never received their message. The use is in a pulling/hoisting application for lubricating a pin that a shackle and wire rope attach to, to allow the shackle to pivot freely. Slow speed, normal temperature, dry ambient.

BlackMoly.jpg

CV-2.jpg

On our own, we picked up the Never-Seez. The consultant, later, insisted we should use the Red Line.

Both are extreme pressure, Moly, greases.

Looked like either would work, to me. Just a consultant being a consultant ?

Which can you get easier? Price difference?

Why Redline over NeverSeize? Did he have something bad to say about the NeverSeize?

They are 2 different types of grease.
The RL is a bearing grease and may work OK the Black one, if high in moly solids >5% will give better results in "plian" bearings or the "pins" as you discribe.

The RL does NOT have the high solids that are needed for that use.
bruce

Anti sieze greases have very high solid content mostly moly and graphite but they are lousy as a bearing grease where the RL is a low solid grease and would be great in any needel or ball bearing but NO good as a anti sieze in low motion plain bearing.
bruce

Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: cosynthetics
There's always Amsoil's too.

Amsoil Extreme Pressure Moly Grease

Do we know how much(%)moly?

I wasn't able to find the answer. My 'guess' would be less than the NeverSeize but I'm just not sure. The real question is how much is needed.

Originally Posted By: daman
There's always Amsoil's too.

Amsoil Extreme Pressure Moly Grease

Do we know how much(%)moly?

I wasn't able to find the answer. My 'guess' would be less than the NeverSeize but I'm just not sure. The real question is how much is needed.

I like using 5% on my chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back