Moly-grease or nickel anti-sieze for automotive pullers.

I'm about to do my first wheel bearing job and its a press fit. I bought the pullers I need for this job and want to maintain the forcing screw. Figured this applied to all types of pullers.

The question: What is the best lubrication for forcing screw threads?

Toyota service info says moly-grease. I've read anti-seize works well on forums.

I have Lucas marine grease, supertech red-grease, ac-delco chassis grease, and loctite nickel anti-seize already. Should I buy moly-grease too add to my ever growing collection?

Thanks!

Hah ya I'll pass on getting the 90w out. I have a big tub with all my transfer pumps in it and when you open the lid..

Wow molykote gn is pricey 2.8 oz for 20 bucks. Almost like thread lock..
Good stuff for threads and bushings. Honda also specs this for the upper rear shock bushing on some sport bikes, it prevents wear for over 100K in that application. You get what you pay for.

It's very sticky to humans. I'd pass just for the mess factor
I love it. I use it on everything. I even disassemble boiler drains, washer machine faucets and garden faucets and lube the shaft and packing before installing them with silver anti seize to prevent corrosion and wear on the packing. A friend of mine swears by it he has some valves in use on chillers that are around 40 years old that he treated that way when he installed them and they have outlasted the untreated ones by 2 or 3 times.

Back