Mobil Super synthetic blend in GDI engine?

Rural King has 5 quart jugs for &14.99. The only thing less expensive is their Provident conventional oil. I’m perfectly comfortable using it for a 3-4K change interval in my older vehicles, but what about my newer DI engines? I’m currently running NAPA full synthetic (Valvoline) in my Mazda6 and Nissan Titan but I don’t know if using this synthetic blend would be a good idea.

What does the manufacturer recommend? apparently Full synthetic and synthetic blend can mean a lot of different things from what I have read. The Motorcraft oil at Wallyworld is a blend, so is that what new Fords use?

What ratings does the vehicle require?
Mazda manual says this:
“Only use SAE 0W-20 oil “Certified For Gasoline Engines” by the American Petroleum Institute (API).​
Oil with this trademark symbol conforms to the current engine and emission system protection standards and fuel economy requirements of the International Lubricant Standardization and Approval Committee (ILSAC), comprised of U.S. and Japanese automobile manufacturers.​

Nissan says API service SN.

The Mazda manual is kind of interesting in that it recommends 0w-20 if you are in the USA but 5w-30 in Mexico or anywhere else. Apparently the engine clearances tighten up when it crosses the border.

Rural King has 5 quart jugs for &14.99. The only thing less expensive is their Provident conventional oil. I’m perfectly comfortable using it for a 3-4K change interval in my older vehicles, but what about my newer DI engines? I’m currently running NAPA full synthetic (Valvoline) in my Mazda6 and Nissan Titan but I don’t know if using this synthetic blend would be a good idea.
Yes, any DI/GTDI always go full synthetic! Nissan Titan V8 a semi-synthetic should be fine if meets spec Nissan calls for. The back of oil bottles state all info you need. My '14 F150 Lariat FX4 Gen1- TGDI had near 300k mis when I sold to a friend (as back up work truck) yrs ago. It ran great. I used Pennzoil Ultra Platinum w/OEM Motorcraft filters it's whole life from 1st oil change @1200mis fwd.

Mazda manual says this:
“Only use SAE 0W-20 oil “Certified For Gasoline Engines” by the American Petroleum Institute (API).​
Oil with this trademark symbol conforms to the current engine and emission system protection standards and fuel economy requirements of the International Lubricant Standardization and Approval Committee (ILSAC), comprised of U.S. and Japanese automobile manufacturers.​

Nissan says API service SN.

The Mazda manual is kind of interesting in that it recommends 0w-20 if you are in the USA but 5w-30 in Mexico or anywhere else. Apparently the engine clearances tighten up when it crosses the border.
Apparently the car runs hotter in Tijuana than San Diego. As hot as it is right now, I feel like I live in Mexico.

Back