Mobil, Pennzoil, or Valvoline?????? AAAaaahhhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted PP, but I cannot find 0w-20 for Honda Accord or 0w-30 for a Nissan Frontier. The wife and I drive less then 9 miles at a time. So I am using Mobil 1 and will change (like the book said) 7250 miles until warranty runs out.
So use what oil you can get in the grade/weight you need and designed your climate

good luck with your choice
Mark

I wouldn't worry about sticking to only one oil..Out of those three just get the one that's cheapest at the time...All three are good oils...

I'd go with the Pennzoil. Besides being a great product they're paying for Johnny's retirement, and we need him here to continue posting. :)

Frank D

If interested I recently posted a UOA of Pennzoil Yellow Bottle 5W-30 in my 2002 V6 Ford Explorer with 1,473 miles on the oil here

Rumple

Pennzoil is my pick but they are all fine. I really doubt your engine is in better shape at 150K miles on Pennzoil vs. Supertech.

All brand changes formula due to API spec changes or cost/supply issues, so I don't see a point of sticking to one brand. Even Johnny told us before that there are 2 types of base stock used in YB (GRP II+ and GRP II / GRP III blend). So IMO as long as you are happy with what you buy just use it.

For me, Valvoline because they are the ones that give out double rebates most often (from Kragen and Valvoline), so I got them almost for free. But if I am buying when not on sale, YB would be my choice, and not Mobil (I remember they used sodium as additive and could hide head gasket leak if happened).

Of course, supporting Johnny along the way is good too.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Are there any Mobil or Valvoline retirees on this board? If not, buy Pennzoil and support my pension.
grin2.gif

I like that one!! Very good answr.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Are there any Mobil or Valvoline retirees on this board? If not, buy Pennzoil and support my pension.
grin2.gif

Johnny,
I plan to do just that when my less than 20 qt mixed brand stash is gone.
Around the 1st of the year Ill be all Pennzoil/Quaker State....
thumbsup2.gif

Smile when you get your check, ok????
grin2.gif

Valvoline would get my vote at this point in time. They are using very good anti wear chemistry.

Originally Posted By: buster
Valvoline would get my vote at this point in time. They are using very good anti wear chemistry.

Is the Valvoline conventional a Group II or a Group II+?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back