Kirkland Synthetic vs. Valvoline Advanced Synthetic - 5w30 - Ford EB 2.0

Well, my barely literate friend, that settles it! You've made such a compelling case here, I have no choice but to reconsider my position. I will firmly grasp their scrotum with both hands and join you in embracing this incredible act of nutswinging! Tally-ho lads! watch for the pubes, they are hell to get out from between your teeth!
View attachment 208092

OMG! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I've tried this and found great results. On my last oil change, I used:

6.1% Apple 5W-30
6.0% Microsoft 5W-30
3.0% Amazon 0W-20
2.5% NVIDIA 10W-30
1.8% Google 15W-40
1.7% Meta 10W-30
1.4% Tesla 5W-20
1.3% Birkshire 10W-30
1.0% Eli Lily 5W-30

And then I topped it off with some small cap HPL.
I think you’re going to do really great with that oil longterm (extended interval, don’t ever drain it).

I doubt there would be any difference running Kirkland over any other off the shelf synthetic at 5 to 6.5K intervals.
I'd run whatever is cheaper to buy.
Which one of the NASCAR / INDY 500 driver cars will have Supertech / Kirkland stickers on it? What's the car's number?

When will the drivers tear off their Pennzoil, Mobil-1, Castrol and Valvoline overalls and jackets emblems?
Sounds soon, Even Roger Penske wants to save money these days.

I've been running SuperTech High Mileage Full Synthetic 5W-30 in my Honda Odyssey's for years. No issues at all.
The Dexos 1 Gen 3 certification adds extra confidence. The Kirkland Full Synthetic is the same oil as SuperTech Full Synthetic,
but it's a lower price. If it were me, I would use Kirkland full synthetic for all vehicles. Why overpay for oil?
You realize that this post could single handedly shut down BITOG?

You realize that this post could single handedly shut down BITOG?
I use Supertech Full Synthetic since it's an excellent Dexos 1 Gen 3 oil at a very low price.
So it's "value" ratio of: Quality / Cost = the highest "value" of any oil.

I think you could take any car to 300,000 miles with only using SuperTech.
It's Dexos 1 Gen 3 approval adds extra confidence. It's says it's a 10,000 mile oil on the container.
SuperTech also has a 20,000 mile oil for those so inclined.

Last edited:
I use Supertech Full Synthetic since it's an excellent Dexos 1 Gen 3 oil at a very low price.

It's Dexos 1 Gen 3 approval adds extra confidence. It's says it's a 10,000 mile oil on the container.
Exactly right. That's why I said we have to shut the site down now. No point in talking about oil with this stuff easily obtainable!

:)

While I'm confident enough in Supertech/Kirkland to be using it in my Civic, I wouldn't feel so confident in using it in my Corvette, or any hard driven high performance engine for that matter (especially turbo charged). In those situations I feel an oil with a higher HTHS is necessary for any chance of it getting to 300k. I'm betting that my choice of oil in the Corvette will get me to 300k (M1 ESP 5w30, which has an HTHS of 3.5)

While I'm confident enough in Supertech/Kirkland to be using it in my Civic, I wouldn't feel so confident in using it in my Corvette, or any hard driven high performance engine for that matter (especially turbo charged). In those situations I feel an oil with a higher HTHS is necessary for any chance of it getting to 300k. I'm betting that my choice of oil in the Corvette will get me to 300k (M1 ESP 5w30, which has an HTHS of 3.5)
Yes, I think it's important that everyone googles: HTHS wear graph. I'm making a transition to the Pennzoil Euro L 5W-30 with MB 229.51 approval. Amazon has a good re-occuring deal about once a month on it. I also like the Quarker State Synthetic Euro 5W-40 with the ACEA A3/B4 and Porsche A40 race track approval. Walmart has it for about $22 for a 5 quart jug.

Back