Mobil Clean 5k, 5w30, Honda Odyssey 104k

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first result from Blackstone for our 2001 Honda Odyssey.

odyssey_104k.jpg

looks good. the sodium additive is confusing, as I've seen other reports with no sodium. is this from an oil stash that you had for awhile?

Originally Posted By: lindermant
one of the lower silicon readings I've seen from Honda's 3.5L; what air filter is in use? my ody UOA

The air filter it's a Bosch replacement w/ 5k miles on it.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
looks good. the sodium additive is confusing, as I've seen other reports with no sodium. is this from an oil stash that you had for awhile?

Do you mean oil that sat before being analyzed? :???:

I told my wife we had to put the Odyssey on a low sodium diet.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Very odd ... anyone know what that sodium is ... ? I'm assuming some kind of additive (this time of year). If it was from NaCl, I'd think wear might approach triple digits.
crazy2.gif

I think it's sodium sulfonate, a detergent. Instead of a sulfonate, I guess it could be sodium phenate or salicylate. Anyhow, it's part of a detergent.

Mobil 5000 has tons of sodium in it.
wink.gif

So does Mobil 7500. It caused my UOA to have a false positive for coolant THREE oil changes AFTER the run of 7500. (using oil that does not use sodium in their mix for each of the 3 runs)

The 4th OCI (and 2nd UOA) did show the sodium going down..
banana2.gif

Excellent UOA BTW!
thumbsup2.gif

Prob the BEST oil for the $$ that Mobil makes. (ie.. 5qts for $9 everyday price)

Here are the VOAs that I ran from two labs;

Mobil 7500 VOA with Sodium

Sadly, with the software of the board, the other one I can not find from Butler... (and the links don't work anymore)
frown.gif

Bill

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bobert
Is this oil the Mobil 5000 or Mobil 7500 product?
It's the Mobil 5000.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

OT: How's your transmission?
grin2.gif

Transmission was replaced @ 90,000. I'm changing the tranny fluid every 10k and debating adding a transmission cooler and filter.

Germantown MD huh? Well howdy neighbor! Derwood here. My fiance lives in germantown off of observation. As a matter of fact I am going to pep boys tonight to pick up some oil and filter for her G35 X.

BTW UOA is looking good!

So who here thinks Mobil Clean shows lower wear than Mobil 1? I don't. LOL

So who here thinks Mobil clean shows lower wear than Mobil 1? I don't. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back