Mobil 5000 in a Hemi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked this oil up at O'Reilly's on a smokin sale ($1.29 a quart).

My question is.....should I keep the OCI's at 5k miles, or can I go to 7k miles (like the OM allows)?

There is a VOA on the 5w30 that shows a TBN of 7.7.

P1010840.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: chevys10
I thought the O'reiley sale was for the 5 quart jug? How did you get the quart bottles on sale?

If you will ask them to scan in 5 single bottles and then add the filter....the price will adjust to $1.29.

My O'Reilly's guy ran two separate purchases on my card to get past the.... (limit 2).

And, I only had to purchase two filters (one per transaction).

So, I got 28 quarts and two Bosch filters for $45.

Originally Posted By: toneydoc
What does it say on the front of the oil bottle right under Mobil Super?

A nice marketing statement, backed by a guarantee that the attorneys can live with.

Last edited:
You didn't get that Bosch filter with the deal did you?

The deal states that you can get their generic filter, or chose another and pay the difference. $5.29 is the value of the generic filter.....and the Bosch was 6.99.....so I had to pay an extra $1.70 for the Bosch.

that's an awesome deal and as far as conventional's go mobil super is as good as it gets! how much for the bosch filters? should 5-6k oci no problem with it especially with that brand of filter. used super 5000 in my 07 300c and when i had the covers removed everything was really clean with no wear. i put 150k on that vehicle.

That is a good deal on that oil and filter. I have 2 5 quart jugs waiting for use. But I did not get it for 1.29 quart. I may go by the part store tomorrow and try to score one. Thanks for the info.

I still like the 5k oci. Oil is cheap enough. Why push it unless you do an UOA.

Yeah...I hear ya man.

To be honest, I am thinking that as well.

I bought the truck and dumped the FF at 750 miles. Now have PYB in and am at 4,400 miles.

I am thinking I will dump the PYB at 5k and pour in this Mobil Super Dino.....and do 5k OCI's.

Besides....sure makes the math easy.... 5k, 10k, 15k, etc....

At $11.23 an oil change.....cheap.

Last edited:
What does it say on the front of the oil bottle right under Mobil Super?

The Mobil Super and Mobil Super High Mileage limited warranties are valid for 5,000 miles or your vehicle’s OEM recommended oil change interval, whichever is longer.

Toto.

There is an UOA of Quaker State dino with an OCI of 11.5k miles, the analysis didn't have TBN but all wear metals are low.

If QS can go 11.5k miles then Mobil Super can easily goes 7.5k miles for not severe conditions.

If this helps you completely different engine. I use formula shell same visocity in a 5.4 Ford Modular and use it for 7K OCI's and I would use mobil super for the same OCI.

Originally Posted By: BigJohn

The deal states that you can get their generic filter, or chose another and pay the difference. $5.29 is the value of the generic filter.....and the Bosch was 6.99.....so I had to pay an extra $1.70 for the Bosch.

Could you post a link where you read this. I see nothing that states you can substitute a different brand filter.

Originally Posted By: Jjones
Originally Posted By: BigJohn

Could you post a link where you read this. I see nothing that states you can substitute a different brand filter.

What I have learned is.....in order to do a different filter, they can't have a micro-guard solution for your vehicle. Then they will consider a swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back