Mobil 1 Synthetic 5W30 3400mi 2005 Mitsu EVO VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great info guys, I certainly appreciate it! I'll be sure to follow up with the next analysis before I change oil and after I switch.

Adam

I disagree that this oil is too thin, it's probably the Torco causing the slight increase in lead. Just try 5W-30 again without the Torco and go from there..

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
I disagree that this oil is too thin, it's probably the Torco causing the slight increase in lead. Just try 5W-30 again without the Torco and go from there..

That is a very good possibility. I'd run it again as well.

These guys are running just regular Mobil 1 5w30 in their 900 Hp turbo Cobalt's. Maybe run the 10w30. Less VM's.

http://tunersource.gmblogs.com/Drag-Racing/jason-whitfield

Quote:
* 900hp
* 2.16L Inline 4 cylinder
* Turbo-charged (Precision Turbo) and intercooled
* Full Race Exhaust Manifold
* 2 injectors per cylinder with FAST XFI Engine Management System
* Torco 118NOS racing fuel

# Race-modified 4T65 Hydra-matic transmission
# Konig wheels with Wanli tires
# Custom Candy Red paint by Jason Gamble at Gampro
# Mobil 1 5w30 Synthetic Oil

My 03 EVO shears all 40 wts to mid 30 weights, so I dont think it will help you going to that grade personally. I like the Royal purple 10w30 (10w30 is recommended in my manual) year round including to -15F. Get good UOAs on it. That being said, I get a iittle bit better with Redline 10w30 and 1 awesome result from NEO 10w30. My 30 wts shear about like this with the exception of the Redline, which holds mid 30wt. NEO shears to a low 20wt.

I have my ECU flashed to hold 23 PSI to 8K rpm on 95AKI, no cats, and a Green drop in cotton filter, FWIW.

10W/30 is the recommended weight for the evo. It says so in the manual, and mine says it on the oil cap also.

As for lugging. Those subies arent lugging, that is the sweet sound of the subaru boxer engine with an exhaust, at about 1500-2500rpm...

Originally Posted By: bzzbee2
10W/30 is the recommended weight for the evo. It says so in the manual, and mine says it on the oil cap also.

As for lugging. Those subies arent lugging, that is the sweet sound of the subaru boxer engine with an exhaust, at about 1500-2500rpm...

Sweet sound if you like lawn mowers. When the EVO was garageed here it knocked pictures off the wall, stock, at idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back