Mobil 1 Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the latest Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 EP pricing these days at Walmart?

How much are the quarts costing? The five quart jugs?

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: buster
Regular M1 about $5.95qt (0w40 $6.xxqt)
EP $6.29qt

Jugs - $22qt

around the same here.

The maxlife jugs went from $11 and change to $12 and change.

PP is still the cheapest out of the full syns at just under $5/quart, $19 for the jug

A bit off topic, but for the first time since I discovered synthetics, I think M1 is no longer the best oil readily available. PP>M1 IMO.

PP is now $5.89 a quart and $19.92 for 5 qt jug.

Mobil 1 is $21.97 5qt and $6.12 qt
Mobil 1EP is $31.24 5qt and $6.89qt

Halvoline DS, Valvoline, Pennzoil and GTX are all $2.89 qt and $10.97 5qt.

QS is $9.97 5qt

Mobil 5000 is still $8.97 5qt

Supertech Syn is $14.32 5qt

Trop Artic is gone.

Fram washable air filters gone.

Supertech oil filters are $2.76

The stocking person said all of the oils will be going up at least 10-15% by the end of this month across the board along with tires and such due to diesel fuel cost.

Why not, everything else is going up.

Of all the oils list above, if I had to pay retail, it would be either the Mobil 5000 or QS I'd be buying for my engines.

Take care bill

$8.99/L
EP $10.99/L

and 1 c$ = 1 us$

But I spotted 0w-40 for $8.99/L. Crappie Tire doesn't realize it has the same additive levels as the EP in other grades.

1L= 1.06 quarts

M1 5W-30 EP is 28 dollars here at WallyWorld. I'm still on the fence post about PP. I admit that I haven't done my homework throughly, but how is the PP holding up in EP department. Is it keeping pace with M1 at 12-14K miles. Yes, I know, it depends on the engine manufacturer, but I'm wondering in general. Wouldn't mind saving a few bucks if I can get the same, non-worrying protection.

Originally Posted By: Schmoe
M1 5W-30 EP is 28 dollars here at WallyWorld. I'm still on the fence post about PP. I admit that I haven't done my homework throughly, but how is the PP holding up in EP department. Is it keeping pace with M1 at 12-14K miles. Yes, I know, it depends on the engine manufacturer, but I'm wondering in general. Wouldn't mind saving a few bucks if I can get the same, non-worrying protection.

Schmoe, hard to say but from what I've seen PP is actually doing better than M1 at longer drain intervals. It also has a higher Tbn (10) Wear metals are lower too.

M1 I believe is biased towards deposit/sludge protection. Does very well in that area.

It was either O`Rielly`s or Autozone here ther other day ha M1 0W40 for $6 and some change a quart. Walmart supercenter here usually has all the M1 weights except 0W40.

Originally Posted By: coffee
I get my 5qt. jugs for $21.97 here in Arizona.

about the same here $21.xx a 5qt jug...EP a little more..

But are the numers matching the sheer volume of UOA's as that of M1 EP formulas? That's what I'm curious about. This is stuff is fairly new in comparison, how's it going to "hang" in the long run?

Originally Posted By: buster
A bit off topic, but for the first time since I discovered synthetics, I think M1 is no longer the best oil readily available. PP>M1 IMO.

I dont think you are alone in that opinion

Mobil 1 in Canada is $32.84 for five litres (5.29 US quarts) or $7.54 for one litre bottles at most Wal-Marts. Most other retailers have it at $37.99 for 4.4 litres (4.5 US quarts) and $8.99 for one litre bottles.

Pennzoil Platinum is good stuff, but 5 quarts of Platinum for $30 versus 5.3 quarts of M1 for $33 is a tough pick. I would prefer the Platinum for everyday use in most conditions, but I use the Mobil 1 for its extreme performance on the low temperature end of the scale.

I am actually looking hard at Amsoil XL-7500. The thing is I still can't convince myself to do extended drains, I might be good for 12,000 km on a summer run, where it is fairly stable temperature with a lot of long distance running, but in the winter it's 5,000 or bust.

Right now the quest seems to be either for an exceedingly "high value" synthetic oil, something that may not be the best but is priced like a conventional so I don't feel so bad dumping it at 3200 miles, or a conventional that offers something performance wise that makes synthetic a wasted value proposition three seasons of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back