Mobil 1 oil filter change???...

thanks for your response...I'd understand scarcity...I don't understand discontinuation without offering up an alternative...it would be good to learn that the ACD filters were still made by Champ Labs...

Bill

I'd rather purchase from Rock Auto than my local dealership as I've never been able to get them to go any less than full retail price...lately they are even expensive on oil changes too...buying from Rock Auto or elsewhere can be much cheaper but I understand if you want to change your oil now and not wait...

Bill

just to follow up on this thread...yesterday I was at my local Walmart that hasn't had the M1-212A oil filters since I reported that here and the Mobil website still shows this filter is no longer available for my car...I saw a whole bunch (a dozen) new M1-212A oil filters on the shelf but they were in the newer gold, silver and black Mobil oil filter box rather than the older gold, silver and green boxes...the newer filters appear to still have the silicone orange ADBV...

for anyone looking, they are still out there...my local Walmart online (the same store as above) lists this filter as what they have on hand...subject to stock on hand I believe it said online...YMMV

Bill

I recently picked up a Mobil 1 M1-212A oil filter for my 2016 CTS V-Sport ... any help would be appreciated.

Hi Bill,

Given Zee09's mentioned oil filter cross-reference website (very good by the way), the M1-212A crosses to GM's recently specified higher bypass valve pressure filters, ending with 10575. That being the case, the Fram Tough Guard (pn: TG10575) or Fram Ultra (pn: XG10575) should do nicely on your vehicle. In particular, the Fram Ultra is a darling on this site and has been for quite some time. This Fram Ultra is likely the best filter for your vehicle.

MOBIL-1 M1-212A replacement filters

then...

Fram XG10575 replacement filters

Note my highlighted Purolator PBL22500. It likely has the required higher pressure bypass valve specification, and is built tough. It doesn't filter the best, but it is built like a BRICK OUTHOUSE. It would never fail on your nice vehicle's engine.

Best!

Steve-o

Last edited:
Back