Mobil 1 Motorcycle oils, GroupIII or GroupIV ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just what choices and policies have XOM made that differentiate them from the other oil producers?

Let me guess...you base your assessment of these company's thoughts, by viewing some tv commercials where the oil producer tries to convince us they are hip to the GW debate, and are doing everything they can possibly do to get on board with the program....

I think these commercials are full of hooey. They are designed to do exactly what they are doing...help cause the general public to take on a perception.

And I find it a bit much for an oil producer to take this stance...since he isn't really doing everything he can to evade GW and the alleged repercussions of it.
If they were on board, and were true to their word, they would cease production of the evil product. Perhaps reinvest the company into a carbon credit brokerage...
But they are not on board with GW, and are only fighting perception with perception, using marketing and the mass media as their tools.
Although, I do think that a company like BP or Chevron, or XOM for that matter, has probably done far more for helping our environment, with such things as reclamation projects, etc.., than a company like Amsoil has ever even considered doing. But, you may know of some things that Amsoil has done to make them such a better company than XOM, to a point of deserving your business more?

And btw...when did it become any of our business to worry about how a private company, in the free market system, invests it's profits?
Their dealings with their profits is no more our business than our private affairs theirs.

Only members of my family should really be concerned with how I spend my profits, and only stockholders in a company should worry about that company's growth and investments.

These oil producers really P you off? I suggest buying stock in their company, and having your say at the annual shareholders meetings. Your voice should have every bit as much weight as your investment.

I realize my post is a bit brash, but this is a pet peeve issue with me. I am baffled with the loathe and hatred the general population tends to take on for companies like XOM and Walmart. Yet it gravitates to idiotic concepts propagated by lunatics, and the less-than-learned.
My rant is more of a general nature, than personal. Please accept my apologies if offended.

You do realize that wikipedia can be edited by anyone, yes?
Even by those who have an agenda against a certain company.

And albeit a terrible source to link to..not one mention of any convictions of XOM...not one.

Allegations and indictments are not convictions.
Anyone at all can claim foul...be it true or not. Do you believe foul simply because someone claims it? Or would you rather see evidence with a jury of peers and decide the outcome using facts, rather than simply relying on the word of someone else?
That is all you are doing when you use wikipedia to validate your dislike for XOM. You can point to absolutely nothing that backs up the allegations made. Nor can the allegation makers.

You have bought into a perception, nothing more, nothing less.

You know, the allegation has been made that the twin towers were demolished on purpose on 9-11-01.
Rosy O'Donnell backed up this allegation on a broadcast TV show...that is plenty enough for me to know that the TT things was a hoax, designed to let Bush and Cheaney control the middle eastern oil reserves. And I feel it my duty to let others know that we have all been duped.
And I just bet XOM are involved. Prolly Walmart too, if we know all the facts. (major eye roll)

wikipedia...please give me a break here.

Quote:

wikipedia...please give me a break here.

Yeah.... the References are clearly labeled for you. You can continue to believe what you want. You are clearly an ExxonMobil fanboy.

Man, you guys sure did get off topic, I'm almost sorry I started this post, I just wanted to know your thoughts
regarding the Mobil 1 motorcycle oils, can't we all just get along and stay on topic??

Mobil 1 motorcycle oils are PAO. Group IV. While I cannot say for sure that all M1 oils are G-IV, that rumor is blown way out of proportion.

In fact, in my old turbo Miata, the M1 20-50 held hot oil pressure WAY better than any other oil I used. Real world examples like this are kind of telling!

Also the high ZDDP levels are great! Overall, it is one of the best oils made today.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back