mobil 1 full synthetic high mileage gasoline in diesel?

which mobil 1 oil gives best fuel economy? i know of the ubiquitous mobil 1 advanced fuel economy though i have head in amazon reviews that mobil 1 ESP X2 0w20 gave 10 percent better fuel economy.
Things to consider about oil improving fuel economy:
1. Does higher PAO content cause better fuel economy?
2. Does higher GTL base oil group 3 plus cause better fuel economy?
3. Which base oil goup causes better fuel economy?
4. Which viscosity causes better fuel economy? probably the lower ones
5. Which mobil 1 oil offers the best fuel economy and perhaps a seal swelling addtive such as high mileage label as this would go into a 187 k mile vehicle.
6. Any over the shelf seal swellers that can get added to mobil 1 0w20 ESP x2 to avoid leaks?

mobil 1 delvac 1 5w40 with 30 percent PAO;very nice though for high mileage vehicle would have to address leak issue.

i guess i could add the mobil 1 turbo diesel truck 5w40 to the possible consideration list as it has 50 percent gtl content, though no seal sweller, probably high antiwear additive level as oil marketed for diesel engines though.
All oils have some kind of "seal sweller"

All a seal sweller is going to do is destroy your seals. That's why I (now) like oils without them.
Not really the oil still has to comply with the API standards for elastomeric compatibility, so it only has a little bit more seal swellers than the regular stuff does it can't be outside of the limits of the API and/or ACEA and related manufacturer approvals.

Not really the oil still has to comply with the API standards for elastomeric compatibility, so it only has a little bit more seal swellers than the regular stuff does it can't be outside of the limits of the API and/or ACEA and related manufacturer approvals.

I must have been thinking of High Mileage oils. Like then Maxlife was first introduced.

Maybe a more extreme case would be like a seal-swell additive outside of the PCMO, maybe my information is a little dated. Apologies.

which mobil 1 oil gives best fuel economy? i know of the ubiquitous mobil 1 advanced fuel economy though i have head in amazon reviews that mobil 1 ESP X2 0w20 gave 10 percent better fuel economy.
Things to consider about oil improving fuel economy:
1. Does higher PAO content cause better fuel economy?
2. Does higher GTL base oil group 3 plus cause better fuel economy?
3. Which base oil goup causes better fuel economy?
4. Which viscosity causes better fuel economy? probably the lower ones
5. Which mobil 1 oil offers the best fuel economy and perhaps a seal swelling addtive such as high mileage label as this would go into a 187 k mile vehicle.
6. Any over the shelf seal swellers that can get added to mobil 1 0w20 ESP x2 to avoid leaks?

mobil 1 delvac 1 5w40 with 30 percent PAO;very nice though for high mileage vehicle would have to address leak issue.

i guess i could add the mobil 1 turbo diesel truck 5w40 to the possible consideration list as it has 50 percent gtl content, though no seal sweller, probably high antiwear additive level as oil marketed for diesel engines though.
No oil is going to have a huge impact on fuel economy, Mobil's own marketing for their AFE (Advanced Fuel Economy) oils claimed like "up to" 5% or something coming from a heavier oil.

What grade does the vehicle spec?

I wonder if at205 reseal, blue devil, bars stop leak or liquimolys oil loss stop additice would make a good additive to swell seals and stop leaks if i go with a synthetic oil with no seal swealler in it. I have heard that esters work as seal swellers; perhaps the higm mileagemonil 2 oils have Ester as seal sweller.
No oil is going to have a huge impact on fuel economy, Mobil's own marketing for their AFE (Advanced Fuel Economy) oils claimed like "up to" 5% or something coming from a heavier oil.

What grade does the vehicle spec?
20220702_215728.jpg
20220702_215715.jpg

I wonder if at205 reseal, blue devil, bars stop leak or liquimolys oil loss stop additice would make a good additive to swell seals and stop leaks if i go with a synthetic oil with no seal swealler in it. I have heard that esters work as seal swellers; perhaps the higm mileagemonil 2 oils have Ester as seal sweller.

View attachment 106323View attachment 106324
OK, so it does call for most of the "traditional" diesel grades and the API Cx classification. (CI-4, CJ-4, CK-4...etc).

M1 HM oils like their 10w-30 are recommended for CF, but that's setting the bar pretty low.

What's your budget? Dave at @High Performance Lubricants could make you a "high mileage" 5w-40 HDEO, but it will be more expensive than the products we are discussing.

maybe usd
OK, so it does call for most of the "traditional" diesel grades and the API Cx classification. (CI-4, CJ-4, CK-4...etc).

M1 HM oils like their 10w-30 are recommended for CF, but that's setting the bar pretty low.

What's your budget? Dave at @High Performance Lubricants could make you a "high mileage" 5w-40 HDEO, but it will be more expensive than the products we are discussing.
my budget perhaps usd 50 for 5 liters

hey good afternoon,

I did look at oils and did see a mobil 1 high mileage 10w40 synthetic rated for gasoline engine. wonder what would happen if i put this in a 1990 toyota corrolla diesel engine?the price looks economical for full synthetic

thanks
That's a great ester oil.
I'd use it no question.
Diesel or gas.

It’s a low output Toyota diesel. You could run used cooking oil in it for lubrication and it would go a half-million miles, seriously.

Our standard CK4 has AN and Ester in it. It won't break the bank, will clean, and will be a net positive for the elastomers all while being balanced. There would be no reason to add anything to the oil.

David

So i found some new old stock NOS mobil annual protection 0w20 which has 70 percent group 4 base oil PAO on amazon for about usd 11.66 a quart shipped.

Although i would have to add at305 reseal with the M1 AP 0w20 as this oil does not have much thickness for leaks.

Although the mobil 1 full synthetic european car formula 10w40 has 40 % PAO and walmart sells 5 qt jugs at usd 25 so usd 5 a quart.

M1 ap 0w20 usd 11.66 a quart 70 % pao.
1 qt equals 946 ml.
70% usd 11.66 equals usd 8.17.
70% 946 ml equals 662 ml PAO
Usd 8.17 for 662 ml PAO
Each ml PAO costs usd 0.01234

M1 FS ECF 0w40 40 % PAO usd 25 a 5 qt jug usd 5 a qt with shipping comes to usd 6 a qt.
1 qt equals 946 ml.
40% usd 6 equals usd 2.40
40% 946 ml equal 378 ml PAO
Usd 2.40 for 378 ml PAO
Each ml PAO costs usd 0.00634

Last edited:
yes.

yes, recently like in june 2022 it changed. so does that mean that Mobil 1 EP Ow20 with manufacture date before june 2022 has 60 percent PAO?

So far i would consider for the 1990 toyota corolla diesel engine w 187,500 miles:
1. Mobil 1 EP 0w20 as it has 30 % PAO; might have an issue with leaks, so i might have to get a seal swelling liquid to add to the mix, perhaps that would stop leaks.
2. Mobil 1 FS ECF Full synthetic European Car Formula 0w40 as it has 40% PAO; same issue with leaks; would have to mix in perhaps seal swelling liquid to stop leaks.
3. Mobil 1 FS Full synthethic High mileage 5w30even though it has no PAO; it has 20 percent GTL a group 3 plus base oil with supposed good performance and high mileage means it seal swelling additive to prevent leaks.
4. Liquimoly Synthoil 0w40 Energy with 40 % PAO; though the possbility of leaks would have to get addressed.
5. Liquimoly Synthetic with seal swelling additive .
6. Mobil 1 Extended Performance High mileage 0w20 though it has no PAO, it has 50 percent GTL, seal swelling additive, only thing about this one; dont know if the viscosity of 0w20 would cause leaks in warm tropical climate-nicaragua, even though this has seal swelling additives.
7. Mobil 1 extended performance 5w20; no PAO, although it has 40 percent GTL, no seal swelling addtive so leaks would have to get adressed.
8. Mobil 1 high mileage 10w40; no PAO, although it has 50 pecent GTL, seal swelling additive and good viscosity for warm climate.

I wonder what antiwear addtivies help more in a diesel engine: Zinc, Phosporous, . also which detergents help more: calcium,\]\]

I dont understand what makes the mobil 1 website give you for a download of the mobil 1 extended performance high mileage 5w20 sds the same SDS as the mobil 1 extended performance 0w20; weird.
Does the car have leaks now?

Back