Are you looking for oil for your 1990 Corolla?
More recent than that. It JUST changed, very recently.
Also, German regs, it's 70 or 75% Group IV or V in the base oil blend IIRC as the requirement.
yes, recently like in june 2022 it changed. so does that mean that Mobil 1 EP Ow20 with manufacture date before june 2022 has 60 percent PAO?
So far i would consider for the 1990 toyota corolla diesel engine w 187,500 miles:
1. Mobil 1 EP 0w20 as it has 30 % PAO; might have an issue with leaks, so i might have to get a seal swelling liquid to add to the mix, perhaps that would stop leaks.
2. Mobil 1 FS ECF Full synthetic European Car Formula 0w40 as it has 40% PAO; same issue with leaks; would have to mix in perhaps seal swelling liquid to stop leaks.
3. Mobil 1 FS Full synthethic High mileage 5w30even though it has no PAO; it has 20 percent GTL a group 3 plus base oil with supposed good performance and high mileage means it seal swelling additive to prevent leaks.
4. Liquimoly Synthoil 0w40 Energy with 40 % PAO; though the possbility of leaks would have to get addressed.
5. Liquimoly Synthetic with seal swelling additive .
6. Mobil 1 Extended Performance High mileage 0w20 though it has no PAO, it has 50 percent GTL, seal swelling additive, only thing about this one; dont know if the viscosity of 0w20 would cause leaks in warm tropical climate-nicaragua, even though this has seal swelling additives.
7. Mobil 1 extended performance 5w20; no PAO, although it has 40 percent GTL, no seal swelling addtive so leaks would have to get adressed.
8. Mobil 1 high mileage 10w40; no PAO, although it has 50 pecent GTL, seal swelling additive and good viscosity for warm climate.
I wonder what antiwear addtivies help more in a diesel engine: Zinc, Phosporous, . also which detergents help more: calcium,\]\]
I dont understand what makes the mobil 1 website give you for a download of the mobil 1 extended performance high mileage 5w20 sds the same SDS as the mobil 1 extended performance 0w20; weird.