mobil 1 full synthetic high mileage gasoline in diesel?

And PAO isn’t necessarily better for wear. Oxidation resistance and extreme cold weather performance yes, but not wear.
and yes pao apparently better for wear according to donut media synthetic youtube video because of molecular structure.

What?

Do you get all of your technical information from YouTube?
well not all of it, though some;
the mobil 1 full synthetic european car formula 0w40 has up to 40% group 4 base oil; wow, the highest for mobil 1 i have seen yet.
mobil1Europeancar40%synthetic.jpg

M1 EP 0w20 recently had ~70%. But as discussed before, in temperent climates it's of little consequence over a GrpIII at
as recently as 2017 SDS yes 70 porcent PAO;unfotunately 2022 SDS shows PAO of M1 EP 0w20 has gotten reduced to 30 porcent.

Are you looking for oil for your 1990 Corolla?
yes.
More recent than that. It JUST changed, very recently.

Also, German regs, it's 70 or 75% Group IV or V in the base oil blend IIRC as the requirement.
yes, recently like in june 2022 it changed. so does that mean that Mobil 1 EP Ow20 with manufacture date before june 2022 has 60 percent PAO?

So far i would consider for the 1990 toyota corolla diesel engine w 187,500 miles:
1. Mobil 1 EP 0w20 as it has 30 % PAO; might have an issue with leaks, so i might have to get a seal swelling liquid to add to the mix, perhaps that would stop leaks.
2. Mobil 1 FS ECF Full synthetic European Car Formula 0w40 as it has 40% PAO; same issue with leaks; would have to mix in perhaps seal swelling liquid to stop leaks.
3. Mobil 1 FS Full synthethic High mileage 5w30even though it has no PAO; it has 20 percent GTL a group 3 plus base oil with supposed good performance and high mileage means it seal swelling additive to prevent leaks.
4. Liquimoly Synthoil 0w40 Energy with 40 % PAO; though the possbility of leaks would have to get addressed.
5. Liquimoly Synthetic with seal swelling additive .
6. Mobil 1 Extended Performance High mileage 0w20 though it has no PAO, it has 50 percent GTL, seal swelling additive, only thing about this one; dont know if the viscosity of 0w20 would cause leaks in warm tropical climate-nicaragua, even though this has seal swelling additives.
7. Mobil 1 extended performance 5w20; no PAO, although it has 40 percent GTL, no seal swelling addtive so leaks would have to get adressed.
8. Mobil 1 high mileage 10w40; no PAO, although it has 50 pecent GTL, seal swelling additive and good viscosity for warm climate.

I wonder what antiwear addtivies help more in a diesel engine: Zinc, Phosporous, . also which detergents help more: calcium,\]\]

I dont understand what makes the mobil 1 website give you for a download of the mobil 1 extended performance high mileage 5w20 sds the same SDS as the mobil 1 extended performance 0w20; weird.

Last edited:
That local costco 15w40 is also a CI+. Its made by Valvoline in the US. Its a viable option along with the M1 10w40 and Delvac 15w40 you already have access too.

So then wouldn't better cold weather performance equate to less wear?
The majority of wear does not occur at startup. MOFT is high when the oil is cold and that’s what protects the engine. Besides if I’m not mistaken the OP lives somewhere warm and in that case the winter rating and/or the base stock composition is irrelevant for startup.

And PAO isn’t necessarily better for wear. Oxidation resistance and extreme cold weather performance yes, but not wear.
Chevron says PAOs have more wear in the valve train that other base oils. That being said most oils are a blend for what ever reason and a finished oil is well finished.

Chevron says PAOs have more wear in the valve train that other base oils. That being said most oils are a blend for what ever reason and a finished oil is well finished.
Yes there is a lot of amateur oil formulation going on right now in several threads.

yes.

yes, recently like in june 2022 it changed. so does that mean that Mobil 1 EP Ow20 with manufacture date before june 2022 has 60 percent PAO?

So far i would consider for the 1990 toyota corolla diesel engine w 187,500 miles:
1. Mobil 1 EP 0w20 as it has 30 % PAO; might have an issue with leaks, so i might have to get a seal swelling liquid to add to the mix, perhaps that would stop leaks.
2. Mobil 1 FS ECF Full synthetic European Car Formula 0w40 as it has 40% PAO; same issue with leaks; would have to mix in perhaps seal swelling liquid to stop leaks.
3. Mobil 1 FS Full synthethic High mileage 5w30even though it has no PAO; it has 20 percent GTL a group 3 plus base oil with supposed good performance and high mileage means it seal swelling additive to prevent leaks.
4. Liquimoly Synthoil 0w40 Energy with 40 % PAO; though the possbility of leaks would have to get addressed.
5. Liquimoly Synthetic with seal swelling additive .
6. Mobil 1 Extended Performance High mileage 0w20 though it has no PAO, it has 50 percent GTL, seal swelling additive, only thing about this one; dont know if the viscosity of 0w20 would cause leaks in warm tropical climate-nicaragua, even though this has seal swelling additives.
7. Mobil 1 extended performance 5w20; no PAO, although it has 40 percent GTL, no seal swelling addtive so leaks would have to get adressed.
8. Mobil 1 high mileage 10w40; no PAO, although it has 50 pecent GTL, seal swelling additive and good viscosity for warm climate.

I wonder what antiwear addtivies help more in a diesel engine: Zinc, Phosporous, . also which detergents help more: calcium,\]\]

I dont understand what makes the mobil 1 website give you for a download of the mobil 1 extended performance high mileage 5w20 sds the same SDS as the mobil 1 extended performance 0w20; weird.
Personally, I'd be inclined toward a diesel oil for your diesel, lol. If we are stuck on Mobil, Delvac 1 5w-40 would be my choice.

Personally, I'd be inclined toward a diesel oil for your diesel, lol. If we are stuck on Mobil, Delvac 1 5w-40 would be my choice.

OP should LS swap his car. Then he'd have an awesome AE86. Or Corolla GT-S, I believe they had easy starters and pop-up lights until 1992. The 4 door ones looked different.

90812041990213.jpg

Or, if he keeps his diesel . I agree. Find some of this:

which mobil 1 oil gives best fuel economy? i know of the ubiquitous mobil 1 advanced fuel economy though i have head in amazon reviews that mobil 1 ESP X2 0w20 gave 10 percent better fuel economy.
Things to consider about oil improving fuel economy:
1. Does higher PAO content cause better fuel economy?
2. Does higher GTL base oil group 3 plus cause better fuel economy?
3. Which base oil goup causes better fuel economy?
4. Which viscosity causes better fuel economy? probably the lower ones
5. Which mobil 1 oil offers the best fuel economy and perhaps a seal swelling addtive such as high mileage label as this would go into a 187 k mile vehicle.
6. Any over the shelf seal swellers that can get added to mobil 1 0w20 ESP x2 to avoid leaks?

mobil 1 delvac 1 5w40 with 30 percent PAO;very nice though for high mileage vehicle would have to address leak issue.
OP should LS swap his car. Then he'd have an awesome AE86. Or Corolla GT-S, I believe they had easy starters and pop-up lights until 1992. The 4 door ones looked different.

View attachment 106232

Or, if he keeps his diesel . I agree. Find some of this:

i guess i could add the mobil 1 turbo diesel truck 5w40 to the possible consideration list as it has 50 percent gtl content, though no seal sweller, probably high antiwear additive level as oil marketed for diesel engines though.

which mobil 1 oil gives best fuel economy? i know of the ubiquitous mobil 1 advanced fuel economy though i have head in amazon reviews that mobil 1 ESP X2 0w20 gave 10 percent better fuel economy.
Things to consider about oil improving fuel economy:
1. Does higher PAO content cause better fuel economy?
2. Does higher GTL base oil group 3 plus cause better fuel economy?
3. Which base oil goup causes better fuel economy?
4. Which viscosity causes better fuel economy? probably the lower ones
5. Which mobil 1 oil offers the best fuel economy and perhaps a seal swelling addtive such as high mileage label as this would go into a 187 k mile vehicle.
6. Any over the shelf seal swellers that can get added to mobil 1 0w20 ESP x2 to avoid leaks?

mobil 1 delvac 1 5w40 with 30 percent PAO;very nice though for high mileage vehicle would have to address leak issue.

i guess i could add the mobil 1 turbo diesel truck 5w40 to the possible consideration list as it has 50 percent gtl content, though no seal sweller, probably high antiwear additive level as oil marketed for diesel engines though.

All a seal sweller is going to do is destroy your seals. That's why I (now) like oils without them.

Back