Mobil 1 Factory Fill for 2010 Camaro

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I found both surprising and amusing was the notion, propagated by the Camaro product manager, that the Camaro is a sports car.

It takes more than a 6-speed manual transmission to turn a sports coupe into a sports car.

I think the definition has become a bit watered down over the years. Here's my take.

Sports car: Porsche 911 GT2
Sports coupe: BMW M3
Sports sedan: Cadillac CTS-V

Sporty car: Cobalt SS
Sporty coupe: Mustang GT
Sporty sedan: Infiniti G35

car: So many it's hard to pick one
coupe: Ford Mustang V6
sedan: Nissan Altima

I don't think I have ever seen so much negativity toward EM over their motor oil before. And I resent that you consider the Mustang V6 unsporty. It's pretty [censored] fast.

Originally Posted By: rudolphna
I don't think I have ever seen so much negativity toward EM over their motor oil before. And I resent that you consider the Mustang V6 unsporty. It's pretty [censored] fast.

I would imagine that any driver of a 1997 Cavalier would think a V6 Mustang to be pretty [censored] fast.

Originally Posted By: buster
To all of those that are saddened by this event,

For all those saddened by this event, SHEESH! get a life!

shocked2.gif

grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: XS650

Oh Noes
43.gif
, they don't have any xW-20 4718M oils. How are those people going to start their cars when it's below 90F outside?

Right now, I'd LOVE to have that problem. It hasn't been below 90F outside in 2 months.
mad.gif

So it doesn't say anywhere that the engine came with Mobil 1 installed in it from the factory, only that they recommend it.

Normally when they recommend it the engine is factory filled, a cap with their logo, typical comments in the manual and a sticker on the radiator cover.

I think you will find all those on the car.

Hyundai recommends Quaker State oils. I'm sure they tested all the other oils and came up with QS as the best just like GM did with Mobil!
LOL.gif

Bill

Originally Posted By: MrCritical
So it doesn't say anywhere that the engine came with Mobil 1 installed in it from the factory, only that they recommend it.

Even though the new Camaro is not listed here yet, all the cars coming from the factory recommending M1 has it in the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back