Mobil 1 ESP 0w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you managed to find it at such a great price! Do you know if the 5w30 ESP Formula was also priced that low?

Originally Posted By: Patman
Do you know if the 5w30 ESP Formula was also priced that low?

I don't know but I don't see any reason why not. (I made contact with the Etobicoke Office (Brenntag)).

Originally Posted By: 21Rouge
Garak, is the "successor" the Mobil Delvac Elite 222 0W-30? (Is it made in Canada?)

Yes, it is the successor, and I'm pretty sure it's made here. Last time I checked, I believe it was under $6 per litre!

I don't know but I don't see any reason why not. (I made contact with the Etobicoke Office (Brenntag)).

That Etobicoke office is only about 20-25 minutes from me so I will definitely check them out the next time I need oil, that saves me from a 4 hour round trip to St Thomas!
thumbsup2.gif

That Etobicoke office is only about 20-25 minutes from me so I will definitely check them out the next time I need oil, that saves me from a 4 hour round trip to St Thomas!
thumbsup2.gif

(Well you got me beat as it took me close to 45 minutes to get there during the day today.)

(Well you got me beat as it took me close to 45 minutes to get there during the day today.)

Is it the type of place that you need to phone ahead and place your order or can you just walk in off the street anytime?

Yup I realize this now. (I wonder where else one can find it?)

(Patman is the ESP 0W30 a 'suitable' oil for a Corvette?)

You can also get it at Partsource and there is a distributor by the name of Dowler Karn in St Thomas (and they have other locations too I believe) that has it for much less (around $12 per liter instead of $17)

The 0w30 ESP is not suitable for the new Corvettes simply because it doesn't have the dexos2 certification. I see no need to use the 0w30 in a Corvette anyhow, the 5w30 and 0w40 ESP Formula both have the dexos2 rating.

Am I missing something. I thought it was to be a dexos 1 gen 2 . Although I believe the 0w 40 is dexos 2 because of the hths Also 0w 30 is suitable at least the manual says it is for cold weather.

Last edited:
I'm still trying to understand why the current version Mobil 0 40 fs isn't favored by gm for use in the Corvette. I realized it's a dexos license thing. But really, what is bad, or missing in the fs version that the esp 0 40 has or doesn't have. I'm still new so I don't have a deep understanding of the oil world

Last edited:
True, my 2018 owner's manual calls for a 5w30 meeting dexos1, while the 2019s now come factory filled with the 0w40 ESP that is dexos2, but they've said that 2014-2018 owners can also run this oil too.

I think it's possible that they don't want to recommend the 0w40 FS version because of it's higher level of sulfated ash being 1.3% vs the dexos1 and dexos2 oils being closer to .8% so they are better for the emissions systems.

So basically the 0w 40 esp is a low saps? And of the 0w40 isn't, so does that mean it bad for just the cats and emmsion system, or does that play into the gdi valve coaking or the sulfer content in us gas. how does the 5w30 esp have a higher hths over the 0w40 esp . Why wouldn't they just is the 5w30 esp. or is there other difference between the two. I was wanting to use the mobile 0w40 fs because it's a pretty good oil from what I can tell and it's available most anywhere for a good price.

Is it the type of place that you need to phone ahead and place your order or can you just walk in off the street anytime?

Not a "walk in off the street" i.e. you need to call ahead to prepare a pickup order. (The actual warehouse housing the oil products is about 75 metres away from the small office and that is where you will need to pick up your order).

Not a "walk in off the street" i.e. you need to call ahead to prepare a pickup order. (The actual warehouse housing the oil products is about 75 metres away from the small office and that is where you will need to pick up your order).

That's no fun! Here, I walk to the office, pay, they print an invoice copy out to the warehouse, I drive about the same distance as you do from the office to the warehouse, open my trunk, and I'm on my way.

Thanks for posting that, it's a new document that we haven't seen yet! It basically confirms that it'll be available for retail sale now. It's also possible the new stuff sold in retail outlets in 1 quart bottles is a different formula than the one sold in 1L bottles. I think the 1L bottles were the original European ESP Formula and the one quart bottles are the new American ESP Formula that was tweaked slightly.

Originally Posted by Patman
I think the 1L bottles were the original European ESP Formula and the one quart bottles are the new American ESP Formula that was tweaked slightly.

Is the "new" 0W40 available for sale in Canada?

I have yet to see the new 0w40 in retail outlets here. But the same is true in the US, nobody has spotted it at any of the big retail outlets there either. They dropped the ball on this one, they promised that by now the oil would be available in all of the same places that M1 has always been sold. Not true.

Originally Posted by Patman
I have yet to see the new 0w40 in retail outlets here.

But it is available at "wholesale" outlets....for you Patman say Brenntag in Etobicoke. (Not as convenient as CT but much less expensive)..

Yes, that's true, I am aware of those wholesale outlets, but that's much less convenient for most people compared to going to Canadian Tire (which in my case there is one that's 1km from my house) and as mentioned in another thread here recently, I'm not convinced that the new 0w40 ESP is better than the 5w30 version I'm currently using. I would go out of my way to get the new 0w40 if I thought it was worth the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back