Mobil 1 ESP 0w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 21Rouge

I believe that is only the more common 5W30 grade of ESP.

Use the “Select Grade” drop down list and select 0W30. It will then show you which CT stocks it. Mine does.

Alternatively you may look at Pennzoil Euro LX 0W30, also available chez Canadian Tire.

Originally Posted By: nap

Use the “Select Grade” drop down list and select 0W30. It will then show you which CT stocks it. Mine does.

I apologize 'nap'. You are correct.

(And it seems it is only sold in litre bottles...but I may be wrong about that also
blush.gif
)

$17 for a litre of oil...crikey.

I apologize 'nap'. You are correct.

(And it seems it is only sold in litre bottles...but I may be wrong about that also
blush.gif
)

$17 for a litre of oil...crikey.

In that case, probably made in France …

Alternatively you may look at Pennzoil Euro LX 0W30, also available chez Canadian Tire.

I have a case of the EURO LX 0W30 (or maybe 2?) in my current oil stash. (Got it at a great price)

Last edited:

I have a case of the EURO LX 0W30 (or maybe 2?) in my current oil stash. (Got it at a great price)

They dropped all PP euro where I live … so got a bit on clearance … guess it was not moving …
Pretty narrow PP selection now … mainly Mopar and GM flavors …

Is this 0W30 available in CANADA?

All the Canadian Tires in my area carry both the 0w30 ESP and 5w30 ESP Formula

Originally Posted By: Patman

Is this 0W30 available in CANADA?

All the Canadian Tires in my area carry both the 0w30 ESP and 5w30 ESP Formula

Yup I realize this now. (I wonder where else one can find it?)

(Patman is the ESP 0W30 a 'suitable' oil for a Corvette?)

Last edited:

Yup I realize this now. (I wonder where else one can find it?)

You can also get it at Partsource and there is a distributor by the name of Dowler Karn in St Thomas (and they have other locations too I believe) that has it for much less (around $12 per liter instead of $17)

The 0w30 ESP is not suitable for the new Corvettes simply because it doesn't have the dexos2 certification. I see no need to use the 0w30 in a Corvette anyhow, the 5w30 and 0w40 ESP Formula both have the dexos2 rating.

Canadian Tire has it.

Nice, shows you how much I check Canadian Tire shelves.

21Rouge: I gather Imperial Oil would be able to beat Canadian Tire's price, especially since it's been a long time since I've seen a special there on 1 L bottles. I am fairly certain Blue Wave Energy can provide a good price on the Pennzoil products, once you run out.

Originally Posted By: Garak
21Rouge: I gather Imperial Oil would be able to beat Canadian Tire's price,

Are there 'wholesale' places (similar to "Blue Wave") that sell Imperial Oil products?

I am fairly certain Blue Wave Energy can provide a good price on the Pennzoil products, once you run out.

You are of course correct Garak. I bought all of my PP EURO LX 0W30 (from BWE) for a price of less than $10 per quart before taxes...much better than CT.

Yes, there are such places. The Imperial Oil website has a distributor locator here. Verify any addresses by phone, though. The old website had my local distributor's address wrong, and it still is after the website update.
wink.gif

Imperial Oil will probably not get you quite as good a discount on PCMO as Blue Wave does. Imperial Oil seems to discount HDEO deeper than Blue Wave (and much deeper than the "regular" Shell distributors, the non-Pennzoil-Quaker State ones). Blue Wave seems to discount the PCMOs deeper than Imperial Oil. Last time I checked on such PCMOs at Imperial Oil, it was still south of $10 per litre, though, which is much better than Canadian Tire.

Yes, there are such places. The Imperial Oil website has a distributor locator here.

Thanks Garak for the link. There is no location within 30 minutes of me by car but even so I will inquire as to the price,

ImperialImperial Oil seems to discount HDEO deeper

That reminds, years ago, by far my best UOAs were with Esso's XD-3 Extra 0W30...a great lube.

(Btw, what is the difference between Mobil 1™ ESP X1 0W-30 Mobil 1™ ESP 0W-30 as they have different PDS. Is the X1 the 'latest' version of this ESP grade of oil?)

The 0w30 ESP is not suitable for the new Corvettes simply because it doesn't have the dexos2 certification. I see no need to use the 0w30 in a Corvette anyhow, the 5w30 and 0w40 ESP Formula both have the dexos2 rating.

(FWIW FUCHS GT1 PRO FLEX 5W30 is "on sale" at GermanParts.ca for $49.95 for the 5 litre jug and it appears that it has the dexos2 certificate.)

Thanks Garak for the link. There is no location within 30 minutes of me by car but even so I will inquire as to the price,

Get in good with one, and they might deliver if they're dropping off at a shop near you. For me, they're fairly close. Unfortunately, distributorships have closed up in rural Saskatchewan, just like a lot of services.

That reminds, years ago, by far my best UOAs were with Esso's XD-3 Extra 0W30...a great lube.

It's successor is still dirt cheap. If one simply wants a 0w-30 in Canada at the best price possible, it's almost unbeatable. Last time I checked, its regular pricing was better than Walmart's or CT's ordinary conventional pricing.

It's successor is still dirt cheap. If one simply wants a 0w-30 in Canada at the best price possible, it's almost unbeatable.

Garak, is the "successor" the Mobil Delvac Elite 222 0W-30? (Is it made in Canada?)

and there is a distributor by the name of Dowler Karn in St Thomas (and they have other locations too I believe) that has it for much less (around $12 per liter instead of $17)

The Imperial Oil website has a distributor locator here.

Thanks to both of you as the above pieces of information led to today's purchase ie a case (6 one quart "bottles") of this M1 ESP X1 0W30. The price amounted to less than half of what it is at CTire ie $8.15 (+ taxes) per bottle versus about $17 (+ taxes) (Although maybe much of the savings got eaten up driving to and from
blush.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back