Mobil 1 controversy on wikipedia.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

It's gone, if people still see it they need to clear their browser cache.

Wrong, I cleared my browser (i.e 6) and it's still there, AND I got my laptop out and went to that page (my laptop hasn't been used in about a month so no cache) and it's there (also I.E. 6).

Last edited:
What happened to Tri-Synth? Anyone have a link to the VWVortex thread with the Tri-Synth/SuperSyn absorbtion graphs?

laugh.gif
didn't come up for me either in FF. that was really funny.
laugh.gif

Quote:

It's not there. Do a refresh while you're on the page.

I had my wife check it on her computer. She has never been to this site (can't imagine why)
smile.gif
Anyhow it comes up on her computer. She read it to me. She has I.E 7 Maybe it's an Firefox thing. Really weird though.

How much web content are us FF users missing since some HTML appears to be only IE7 visible ????

Mr. Bill strikes again!!
laugh.gif

Hmmm...visions of that John Carpenter movie with Rowdy Roddy Piper in "They Live"
theyliveconform.jpg

That's really crazy, must be a cache issue.

The edit history indicates a registered Wilkipedia user removed the entire "Controversy" section on Friday evening.

Edit History - 20:07, 9 February 2007 Eblem

And user Eblem has the following profile:
smile.gif

This user is a native American English speaker with 40+ years of automotive industry experience, three undergraduate degrees, one postgraduate degree, and special expertise in automotive lubricants and coolants.

Last edited:
I wonder if it's a DNS server round-robin thing.

Of those who *can* see the controversy save the web page to a Word Doc, or something equivalent, we'd appreciate it!
smile.gif

Whoa! Now the controversy part is gone. I guess it was still in my cache when I went there a few hours ago. I do have the screenshot, though. If someone wants to host it, let me know. I don't have time to tango with Mobil's legal wolves.
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back