Mobil 1 better cleaner than AutoRx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Soap box on-

I always hear that Franks sales are growing, gobbing up, cases are going fast for there July sales etc...I feel like an infomerical.

If Frank put up money and left, that speaks loads from the new owner; just think about it from an investment standpoint.

ARX is the most talked about product on here since it is a good product and does work. I have also seen other posts that get removed, user posts edited, users banned etc. That however is slowing it seems. But if not for Dyson A, and few tribs users on here, ARX mods coming over here, standard followers I would wonder. Case-in-point, if it came out now, without these people it would make it here. I am sure the people above would say yes.

Being in sales for years and looking on this forum long before I post (and less and less now) ARX is about on its' what year? 11 I think. In 4 years the patent runs out and 1000 to 1, he will "knock on someones" door in about 2 to 3. Yes, it is 100% marketable. Just like the pet rock.

It has its pros/cons and I thank god he is keeping it they way it is. I give him credit where it is due. Once he sells it, good or bad, his name will be in the bunny chain.

Not starting a battle just saying the way a BITOG sees it.

Rick20 is right, right marketing partners is the key, and the clock is ticking.

Peace out! :)

-off soap box-

Originally Posted By: Tornado Red
Sprintman: if you haven't seen Overkill's engine, how can you possibly know that Mobil oil has not kept that engine clean? He's in Canada and you're in Australia, tell me how I can obtain these magical powers that you possess.

Funny and 100% right..Problem is both sides will battle it out..

Originally Posted By: es350
ARX is the most talked about product on here since it is a good product and does work.

Testimonial-based success!

Countless times compression has been restored from coked rings.
Plenty of UOA's showing the safety of in situ cleaning. Taxi cab tests on improved mileage. Plenty of visual evidence presented.
What more does anyone need to see?

At the end of the day its a great product to preserve performance over the long haul. I think the sales volume of ARX is due to the uncertainty of what the new car market is going to look like. I think I'll hang on to what I have.

It wasn't a criticism, but an observation. And you mention immediately more testimonial-based success.

Regarding "visual evidence," since mine was discounted, I obviously can't accept other people's.

So you feel dnewton3's before and after compression test on the 3.0 Vulcan Motor to be a testemonial? And the third party UOA's to be mere testemonial?

Edit:
Personal insult and political comment removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is just too much evidence from too many sources for Auto-RX to be a fraud. Now for some maybe it would have very limited results if a person already had a vehicle with a very clean engine. For others Auto-RX would be a life saver.

There are too many talented people at this website for a fraud to get by very easily. If Auto-RX was a total fraud various people here (such as the chemists, oil analysis people, engineers and others) would have exposed the fraud long ago. We all know that products like Slick50, just to give one example, are a joke. Even the FTC have fined some of the makers of various products such as this.

Another thing that convinces me that Auto-RX is the real deal is that various companies have tried to buy the patent rights from Frank. Even the Chinese have tried to buy it. These people are too smart to be taken in by a fraud. They must KNOW from their own research that Auto-RX works.

In is silly to expect any product to be 100% effective. So some people did not notice any results. Maybe their engines were already clean. But if, say, 80% of users noticed results, that is probably good enough for any product.

Having said all of that let's say that Mobil 1 HM oil is so effective at cleaning an engine that a person would not need to use Auto-RX. I don't know if that is true or not but let us suppose for a moment. Well, it would make sense for people just to use Mobil 1 HM oil. The oil could be your cleaner also. Claims are being made by Exxon/Mobil. Perhaps somebody here who uses Mobil 1 HM oil could do some testing.

I don't believe in any product unless I see results (I did with Auto-RX) or there is real, quality testing to prove that the product works. There is always some bogus oil supplement product coming along.

Personally I think Auto-RX works. It worked for me. It may have saved me $600.00. I have just about completed an Auto-RX cleaning and after the rinse I will use the two bottles I have for maintenance doses. I may in the future give Mobil 1 HM a try. Why not? I do think that any product that comes along needs to be checked out by the talented people at this website. I have confidence that they would expose any fraud.

Last edited:
Who is talking about fraud, my wordy, from the topic deviating compadre? I'm simply saying ARX's success is based on testimonials. There's no judgement about the effectiveness of the product in this statement.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
There is just too much evidence from too many sources for Auto-RX to be a fraud. Now for some maybe it would have very limited results if a person already had a vehicle with a very clean engine. For others Auto-RX would be a life saver.

There are too many talented people at this website for a fraud to get by very easily. If Auto-RX was a total fraud various people here (such as the chemists, oil analysis people, engineers and others) would have exposed the fraud long ago. We all know that products like Slick50, just to give one example, are a joke. Even the FTC have fined some of the makers of various products such as this.

Another thing that convinces me that Auto-RX is the real deal is that various companies have tried to buy the patent rights from Frank. Even the Chinese have tried to buy it. These people are too smart to be taken in by a fraud. They must KNOW from their own research that Auto-RX works.

In is silly to expect any product to be 100% effective. So some people did not notice any results. Maybe their engines were already clean. But if, say, 80% of users noticed results, that is probably good enough for any product.

Having said all of that let's say that Mobil 1 HM oil is so effective at cleaning an engine that a person would not need to use Auto-RX. I don't know if that is true or not but let us suppose for a moment. Well, it would make sense for people just to use Mobil 1 HM oil. The oil could be your cleaner also. Claims are being made by Exxon/Mobil. Perhaps somebody here who uses Mobil 1 HM oil could do some testing.

I don't believe in any product unless I see results (I did with Auto-RX) or there is real, quality testing to prove that the product works. There is always some bogus oil supplement product coming along.

Personally I think Auto-RX works. It worked for me. It may have saved me $600.00. I have just about completed an Auto-RX cleaning and after the rinse I will use the two bottles I have for maintenance doses. I may in the future give Mobil 1 HM a try. Why not? I do think that any product that comes along needs to be checked out by the talented people at this website. I have confidence that they would expose any fraud.

In the end, word of mouth from actual users, bear more significance than statements of the product owner. IMO, Frank has a pretty good batting average.

Testimonials are generally worthless- hand picked by manufacturer to give glowing reports of a product- just look at all the absolute JUNK sold on cable television ads/infomercials peddled by celebrities.....generally the more testimonials, the worse the product........almost every product with a "as seen on tv" tagline is questionable, at best.

To me auto-rx is a solution looking for a problem

There was testing. One guy posted photos as his engine gradually became clean. And one of the oil analysis guys did do testing of the product. In addition there was testimony from several users. And there was another test of a car engine after those tests.

In my own case something stopped the small oil leak from an engine seal. Valvoline MaxLife had no effect. Neither did a product that was supposed to stop seal leaks. After the Auto-RX cleaning the seal leak stopped. Just some kind of coincidence?

I have to admit I have never seen an engine taken apart where Mobil 1 oil had been used the entire time the engine was in use. Maybe an engine like that would be spotless. But every engine I have seen that was taken apart was at least somewhat dirty on the inside. It stands to reason that if you have a product that could keep an engine clean the engine would run better and last longer.

Do you think any product that was worthless would be able to get past some of the people at this website? Some of these guys own oil analysis companies! They would have to be in with Frank.

Last edited:
In any case, let us say that people have 150,000 miles on a car or truck engine and they are just trying to get a few more miles of use. What does it hurt to give Auto-RX a try? If it does not work what have they lost? About 20 some bucks? If it does not work they are going to have to get a new car or truck or an engine replacement anyway.

But if it works and they are able to drive that car or truck another 40,000 miles did the Auto-RX pay for itself?

I can't prove that Auto-RX worked for me, but if it did it saved me $600.00. I could buy a lot of bottles of Auto-RX with $600.00.

I kind of have a feeling that Auto RX does a lot better than a piece of paper that has a 1 out of 100 million chance of winning.

I have run 1 clean and rinse on 3 vehicles, and 2 clean and rinse cycles on another vehicle. I am about to start another treatment on a large 20 passenger van.

I am sold it does what it says it does. Believe what you like.

Originally Posted By: sprintman
Umm no they didn't. My BM had M1 0W40 AT 8,000K oci's and RX has transformed it. Only 1,000k into 2nd clean but still improving. PM me for info if interested. Cheers..stephen

You are seriously going to argue with me over my engine being clean or not?

I've posted pictures on here dude.

And for fun, I'm posting them AGAIN:

1. This is the inside of my Mustang engine. 330,000Km on it:

rockers.jpg

The rest of the engine looks the same inside.

This is run on M1 with 10,000Km OCI's.

2. This is the result of my FIRST run of M1 5w20 in my Expedition:

motorcraft8.jpg

motorcraft10.jpg

I would call that clean (#1) and cleaning (#2).

Originally Posted By: sprintman
Show me the ring pack

I'm guessing the carbon from the Expedition came from the ring pack. Its a Ford Modular engine.

I'm not tearing apart the Mustang engine. It made 270HP to the tires with a god-awful (and later rectified) 10:1 A/F with some ported iron heads. It has solid compression across the board and runs like a raped-ape.

Now, lets see some before and after AutoRX ring-pack pictures if you want to play this game.

That is a nice clean engine in that Mustang with that many miles on it, OVERKILL.

What was used in the Expedition before you used the M1 5W20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back