Mobil 1 5w40 Euro

@edyvw
It's now at the Walmart near me. For whatever it's worth, they don't have the 0W-40 FS at present. I asked the employee about it and he said they hadn't received the 0W-40 in over a month but he isn't sure if this is a replacement move or addition to the M1 line of oils they'll sell. They also stopped selling the EDGE 0w40 and 5w40. The only xw40 I see is this one and QS.View attachment 52909
Must be store to store. My Walmart’s have the 0w40 edge and 5w40 edge and M1 0w40 and 5w40

Looks like it has mb 229.5 and Porsche A40 specs on it. Am at Wally World getting tires rotated and was going to start link before saw this one.

Attachments

• CC6F9495-AA86-4222-A462-A584036D66F0.jpeg
    CC6F9495-AA86-4222-A462-A584036D66F0.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 194
  • 017BF573-A8F3-4211-B22E-239DBA47754F.jpeg
    017BF573-A8F3-4211-B22E-239DBA47754F.jpeg
    122.7 KB · Views: 196
Here's my VOA:

Here's my VOA:

Thanks for posting, coming up on an OCI for the Passat waiting on the QSUD 5w40 VOA to come in.

Thanks for posting, coming up on an OCI for the Passat waiting on the QSUD 5w40 VOA to come in.
I am too....I think it may have gotten lost. I sent it in before the 5W40 and it hasn't shown up yet....

I am too....I think it may have gotten lost. I sent it in before the 5W40 and it hasn't shown up yet....
Well that's a drag.

The USPS doesn't seem to like those Blackstone bottles. The last one I sent in was misrouted and stationary for over a week before it started moving again. I had written down the tracking number before I mailed it since I had that problem before. Not that you can do anything about it if they lose it. :rolleyes:

Well that's a drag.

The USPS doesn't seem to like those Blackstone bottles. The last one I sent in was misrouted and stationary for over a week before it started moving again. I had written down the tracking number before I mailed it since I had that problem before. Not that you can do anything about it if they lose it. :rolleyes:
You have to put it in a box or envelope to mail it. The PO just lets those canisters sit around. For some reason they don't like them.

Looks like it has mb 229.5 and Porsche A40 specs on it. Am at Wally World getting tires rotated and was going to start link before saw this one.
Interesting - the Mercedes 229.5 approval has appeared on the bottle. It WAS missing if you look at the pictures posted on the first page of the thread.

It is also now listed on the Mercedes BEVO 229.5 list

Too bad they have not updated their own product page with the MB 229.5 - still only lists 229.3

Here's my VOA:

I would skip this oil in small Turbo DI engines due to calcium levels.
This is old-school oil. It is a really good candidate for my BMW and track use, but I would not use this in my Tiguan.

Wait, what?
OK, now this is big deal. I wonder if they did not get MB229.5 in time before they planned to start the sale? Who knows.
There's even more intrigue.

The bottle in the original post with MB 229.3 approval was "FS X2". The latest bottle with MB 229.5 approval is "FS".

Are their two different versions of this oil, FS X2 and FS? Or was there a delay in getting MB 229.5 approval when the FS X2 oil was first made available, although the oil actually met the 229.5 spec? Suppose the FS X2 actually was actually 229.5 approved - then why the name change???!!!

I'm incredulous that Mobil has done something as confusing as this. It seems that Mobil has either created overlapping products or they cannot even get their product naming right. This indicates a gauntlet of mind numbing departmental bureaucracy, a madhouse of corporate disorganization, or both.

Things like this makes you wonder what they actually end up putting in the bottle. I'm not impressed.

Scott

Last edited:
When you search Mobil 44619(the last 5 of the barcode in the pic of the FS bottle) on Google you get two results on google from AAP that say Mobil FS X2, but when you click it it's just FS without X2, maybe they're rebranding it already

The bottle in the original post with MB 229.3 approval was "FS X2". The latest bottle with MB 229.5 approval is "FS".

Are their two different versions of this oil, FS X2 and FS? Or was there a delay in getting MB 229.5 approval when the FS X2 oil was first made available, although the oil actually met the 229.5 spec? Suppose the FS X2 actually was actually 229.5 approved - then why the name change???!!!

I'm incredulous that Mobil has done something as confusing as this. It seems that Mobil has either created overlapping products or they cannot even get their product naming right. This indicates a gauntlet of mind numbing departmental bureaucracy, a madhouse of corporate disorganization, or both.

Things like this makes you wonder what they actually end up putting in the bottle. I'm not impressed.

Scott
This is straight out of Pennzoil playbook. Good catch.

Scott
I believe it's two different products. If you check the bevo sheets on Mercedes for 229.5 and 229.3, on the 229.5 there is a Mobil 1 FS 5w40 and on the 229.3 sheets there's a Mobil 1 FS X2 5w40. So it seems like there's two different products. The real unicorn to get would be Mobil 1 Formula M 5w40. That's what the Mercedes dealers sell. Haven't seen it anywhere else.

Back