Mobil 1 5w-20

So I have been using Mobil 1 5w-20 in my 2004 FORD F250 5.4l since I got it at 42k. It now has 130k. I was on the phone with Mobil and they told me that the Mobil 1 is not recommended for my truck as it does not meet the spec for it., Have I been doing damage to my engine all these years and what should I be using? I called them about using there Mobil 1 ATF in my 4R100 trans which they said meets spec and is fine to use.

So I have been using Mobil 1 5w-20 in my 2004 FORD F250 5.4l since I got it at 42k. It now has 130k. I was on the phone with Mobil and they told me that the Mobil 1 is not recommended for my truck as it does not meet the spec for it., Have I been doing damage to my engine all these years and what should I be using? I called them about using there Mobil 1 ATF in my 4R100 trans which they said meets spec and is fine to use.
Well of course you have your only real protect would only come with their EP or AP oil which are nealy twice as expensive. They are all marching you to the high price spread! :ROFLMAO:

No. It probably doesn't meet some Ford spec that is made in a lab. 18yrs / 88K miles??? How does it run/sound/leak/use oil??? I'll bet Mobil Super 5000 meets the "spec". Keep using what your using OR find a new oil that "meets spec" and sleep well.

For reference, this is from the owner's manual. To answer your question, I would not worry about it. Would only be an issue if you were under a manufacturer's warranty.

"To protect your engine’s warranty use Motorcraft SAE 5W-20 or an equivalent 5W-20 oil meeting Ford specification WSS-M2C153-H"

Thank you all, I have no issues with the Mobil 1 just making sure as I was suppressed when they told me that. Just checking.

Ford bounced around a lot between 5w-20 and 5w-30 on this engine. Go browse around in the UOA section. You will see many 4.6 and 5.4s using 5w-20 and getting great results. If you're really worried then get a oil analysis done.

Well of course you have your only real protect would only come with their EP or AP oil which are nealy twice as expensive. They are all marching you to the high price spread! :ROFLMAO:

Where do you get the upsell from? Nothing in the OP remotely leads to your conclusion.

I had a 5.4 in a F150. I was the second owner. Initial owner did 3k OCI with PYB 5-30 and a MC filter. I had it for a good spell until I bought my 15 F150. I kept with 5-30 weight and 5k OCI and never had a cam phaser issue. I did preventively swap out solenoids on each bank. Sold it to a guy I worked with who is still running it over 220k now. He is old school Polak (I'm part Polak so I can say it!!) and buys ST conventional and does 3k with MC filter. Won't budge.

Back