Mobil 1 0w-40 SP VOA

Very interesting. Oxidation is low - likely using ANs which don't show via oxidation.

Pretty stout dose of Mg/Ca and ZDP, hence FS.

Nice oil.

Thank you for sharing.

Looks like the days of high Ca are nearing the end, for good reasons too.

Mg is a great detergent. Good TBN for low dose. Not good for friction though. High calcium helps with reducing friction but has to compete vigorously with AW additives.

Last edited:
That would be much appreciated. Slightly disappointing for such a high KV100, though.
Here it is! I dont have the link anymore only a screenshot

Attachments

• 17E90977-8A29-4497-82F6-26CA58E340AC.jpg
    17E90977-8A29-4497-82F6-26CA58E340AC.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 371
What's the Noack #?

Used it a summer or 2 ago for a trip and it burned in my car.
Changed the oil recently with my last jug of M1 FS 0W-40 ...
and we'll see what happens. Some fancy stuff they put in there is volatile seems like. I need to find a good 10W-40 or 15W-40 for the summer.

I like M1 EP 10W-30 however. Hopefully they won't stop selling it cuz they are going out of style and people are afraid of 10W and everyone is chasing 0W since it may freeze in hell. :ROFLMAO:

What's the Noack #?

and we'll see what happens. Some fancy stuff they put in there is volatile seems like. I need to find a good 10W-40 or 15W-40 for the summer.

I like M1 EP 10W-30 however. Hopefully they won't stop selling it cuz they are going out of style and people are afraid of 10W and everyone is chasing 0W since it may freeze in hell. :ROFLMAO:
I believe the SN version was 8.5% but with the approvals it has its capped at 10% so we know its less than that

What's the Noack #?

I use 10w30s and sometimes mix in some Motul 15w50 in my EJ25 year round. Never any issues. I have a case of M1EP 10w30 on deck for it.

Back