Mobil 1 0w-40 SP VOA

Am I on the track with the virgin oxidation being a low 7 this oil now uses ANā€™s instead of esters? And because of that it can no longer be considered a ā€œcleaningā€ oil, which to me is one of the important highlights this oil brought to the table.

I thought An's did some Cleaning!
They doā€¦ @EllieMae94ā€™s concerns are unfounded. From my limited understanding of ANā€™s & esters, I would say ANs are a more thorough cleaning agent. Nobody on the board has claimed nor shown pics of engines on Redline that had been ā€œcleanedā€ā€¦ but we have seen some evidence of Mobilā€™s oils with ANs & esters doing some cleaning, and obviously HPLā€™s oils doing the same.

Thanks guys for clearing that up for me. I was under the impression that esters are a better cleaner than ANā€™s. And if ANā€™s are better at it than esters than this formula is an improvement from an already excellent blend, good news.

Thanks guys for clearing that up for me. I was under the impression that esters are a better cleaner than ANā€™s. And if ANā€™s are better at it than esters than this formula is an improvement from an already excellent blend, good news.
Sure thing. In my limited knowledge, I canā€™t tell you for sure, but I do know esters have been around for quite awhile, and Mobil made quite a bit of fanfare and whitepapers when they came out with ANs.

I would say esters DO some additional or different cleaning than ANs though, since HPL went out of their way to include both ANs & specific esters in their oils to make sure engines that use their products stay as clean as possible.

When I google the title the first search result is the Supercar 0w-40 ... so Google seems to interpret the "SP" as Supercar ... but maybe it refers to the API designation instead?

More detailed spec sheet for 0w40 SP Triple Action.

View attachment 176574
That doesnā€™t match the current PDS for FS 0W-40 SP here:

Is the one you provided info for a different or new product?

These new Mobil 1 formulations are some of the most unusual I've seen. Even the Triple Action. Oxidation values for all their line is now
Latest ESP 5w30 has no moly, no ester. There was one guy on here that seemed to have some idea of what it may be. He was from the oilclub ru.

Last edited:
0w40 FS SP is full saps and Supercar is mid. Supercar is rebranded 0w40 ESP that was tested with GM. Not sure if they changed formulation or kept it the same.
They kept it the same, at least it was at the time of the rebranding. X3 is the different one as I am sure you already know, being the Porsche oil.

Back