Mobil 1 0W-40 in both my Foresters.

I've got a UOA going out for my NA 2.5 in my sig below (Valvoline 0w-20 EP). We'll see how that goes. Mostly curious about fuel dilution, but my work commute is 20mi on the interstate so I see decent periods where oil is fully up to temp. Hoping it will be a non issue.

What do you expect to see in a UOA here? The viscosity will be a bit higher even with some fuel, otherwise there will be zero difference w/r to wear metals.

The oil will be left in there at least 10K miles for both vehicles.
Was this an inspiration?

Was this an inspiration?

lol...no
Thanks

I take care of lots of subarus and use m1 0w40 in almost all of them. Had a good 13k uoa using it in my forester. Looking forward to your results

Filter being used will likely be more important for the 10k. Not that we don’t have many 10k+ options today. But the oil it self should hold up no issues as long as the level is correct

At one time MB used term “fleece” filters and 229.5 sheet oil for the longer intervals

I changed out the 5W-30 after only 4800 miles. I hated to do it. But I did take an oil sample. I also had another one at 4200 miles. So there should be worthwhile information. I will grab a sample at 5000 miles. Assuming its good I will leave it in probably till 12000. Miles (taking another sample at 10K miles). That will be a long time though as the wife only puts 7K miles per year.

This fall I will have about 5K miles on the '22 and will switch to the 0W-40 on that also. Taking a sample and then another sample at 10K miles.
IMG-6808.jpg

Both vehicles are thoroughly broken in I think the results will prove interesting.

Im definitely interested in this too! I switched from 0w20 to 5w30 in our 2015 2.5 NA

Which version of Mobil 1 0W-40/5W-40 is the famous one for cleaning up a sludged / varnished engine (possibly due to high Ester content), as there are many different Mobil 1 formulations?

Back