Mobil 1 0w-20 sm version

Status
Not open for further replies.
This used to be readily available at wal-mart. I tried it in my 02 honda civic and I am very pleased with it...so now, its no longer to be found. Anyone know who still sells this stuff? Thanks in advance.

I'm using the 5w-20 Mobil I and the regular one at that, not the Super syn or whatever Trisyn or whatever multitude of other variants there are out there.. Wonder if GRP IV 0-20 would be worth trying after my regular warranty is up at 36k. I am at 33k now and winter will around by the time I get another 3 thousand miles or atleast the prominance of summer will be over. What do you all think?

Reason being is I used to see M1 0w-20 in 5qt jugs at certain Walmarts..

Last edited:
Quote:

multitude of other variants

I like that - sounds very scientific.
grin.gif

Much like the 0W-30 Mobil-1, the 0W-20 is/was pushed off the shelves by M-1 extended performance oils, and other (hopefully)faster moving weights.
AAP did the same with GC. and I'll wager AZ is doing that right now.
Slow sales to uneducated public is reason enough to stop stocking stuff. They only have a limited space and faster moving items get the benefit of more shelf space.

I do not know what part of the South you are in but I would think 5W20 is more then enough to handle any low temperatures we will have.

Different oil but...I just ordered a case of Pennzoil Platinum 0w-20 from my local AAP. The BTCG (behind the counter guy) told me they were discontinuing one of the other Pennzoil Platinum weights to make room for the 0w-20.

There are two Walmart stores near my home. I had all (more than 10 quarts) M1 0W20 and 0W40 on clearance for $3/qt in one store, the other store has a bunch of 0W20 and 0W40 on regular price. It is location dependent, one can not sell any for a while so that they want to to rid of it, the other can sell regularly so that they stock it plenty full. If you can not find any 0W20 in one store, try another store you may find it.

I cleaned out the Pottstown, PA Walmart of clearance 0W-20 Mobil 1 about 5 months ago. It was either 2 or 3 dollars per quart, I cannot quite recall. I still have 6 quarts of it in my stash... I would buy the more readily available 5W-20 Mobil 1 in the 5 qt jug for $19.99 every day when I run out of various 5W-20s in my oil stash...

for my application at least, I liked the 0w-20 better than the 5w-20. Mileage is better and response is superior. No consumption that I can see either. Also, you can verify by calling 1800 ask-mobil, but I do believe using 0w-20 will not void your warranty.

Quote:

Captain Howdy, thank you for that little gem of information on AAP. I've been hunting PP 0w-20 for some time, good to know.

r.

I went to pick that up yesterday and the ding-a-ling had a case of Mobil1 0w-20 for me. BTCG, "Duhh, we can't get the Platinum 0w-20." Well thanks for nothing. Grrrr.

So, scratch that idea. Sorry.

Quote:

Quote:

multitude of other variants

I like that - sounds very scientific.
grin.gif

On the Mobil oil site, they list 14 different mariations of Mobil 1, counting the different weights, the EP versions, the truck and SUV versions, and the HM versions. When one says they are using Mobil 1, they really need to name the specific version.

An example: Since the advent of SM oils, I have changed all of my outdoor power equipment from regular 5W30 M1 over to 10W30 M1 High Mileage, which is not SM, has a more robust additive package, is slightly thicker, and is slightly cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back