Mobil 0w20 great stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted say that in the past I have used Mobil 5w30 and was not pleased. For a long time maybe 4 years I have not touched another Mobil product until last weekend. I needed to change oil on my 3.0 Ranger and found a coupon on Mobils website for for there advanced fuel economy 0w20 and 0w30 and decided to to give Mobil another try.
I am glad I did! I drive about 600 to 800 miles per week so I end up doing oil changes often. Im very happy that my fuel economy improved and the truck has never run smoother.
In the past on this site I may have said something negative about Mobil. I think I need to be more open minded about trying different products and not so quick to judge a product that did not work well in one application.

I can tell you that my Mom's 3.0L Duratec runs noticeably better on PP 5W-20 than it did on M1 5W-20.
21.gif

Every engine i have put a 20w oil in that was speced for a 30w has run noticeably better w/ the 20w oil from 4cly to v8's. also got a little better fuel economy w/ the 20w oil. I myself haven't used Mobil 1 products in 2 years, just don't see the value in it for me.I am sure they are still a quality product.

Originally Posted By: greymach
I just wanted say that in the past I have used Mobil 5w30 and was not pleased.

Why?

Originally Posted By: jmb106
Every engine i have put a 20w oil in that was speced for a 30w has run noticeably better w/ the 20w oil from 4cly to v8's. also got a little better fuel economy w/ the 20w oil. I myself haven't used Mobil 1 products in 2 years, just don't see the value in it for me.I am sure they are still a quality product.

I'm happy to read that liked the change from a 30 grade to a 20 grade oil. I ran 2 OCI's of 5W20 in my 93 Aerostar that was back spec'd to 20 grade oil, and was very happy with the results. I used slightly less oil with the 20 grade and overall the Aerostar felt better. The current fill I'm running is a 5W20 5W30 mix. I'll go back to 5W20 next OC.

I run 0w 30 M1 in my 2.4 Highlander and notice smoother engine
over the bulk oil they used at dealer which they said was
Chevron 10-30

Greggy D at that point in time I was running 5w30 Mobil 1 in a 2000 Mustang Gt with a Vortech Blower. I monitored that motor after the blower installed and did not recieve the best uoas with that oil. Thats when I started being hard headed and not trying other products. I switched to Redline and have used nothing else in my Mustangs since then.
The Ranger has been run on about every 5w20 weight oil out there and I have to say Im very pleased with the Mobil 0w20. I
have never done a uoa on the Ranger but I would like to start doing that with this oil change. The truck has 98,000 on it and I just want to see what the results would be on several different oils.

Buster, thanks for those links. I hadn't seen those.

The thinner the oil, the more my Sienna seems to like it (as far as responsiveness). But when I had a w20 in there, I had some loud clanging noise at start-up (never heard anything like it before or since - I changed the filter and oil soon after that) -though many BITOGrs said this may have been an oil filter issue.

My van sounds great on M1 products, but (as I've well documented on BITOG) my 4-cyl Mazda 6 didn't sound well at all on M1 0w20. It now sounds great on dino 5w20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back