MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Report on MMO, 11/8: Gassed up and got 20.64 mpg, down quite a bit from the previous. Haven't been using the A/C or driving any more in city traffic than usual. Car was at the shop for rear brake pads and a new thermostat just three days before, so they might have been running the engine some.

Gassed up again on 11/8, but I'll leave the MMO out. When I gas up around the 22nd, I'll try the MMO again, and then compare results.

It could be they were running the car as you said. It could be the change in season and gasoline blend as well. I noticed a slight drop in mpg with my Jeep since it got cooler.

Frank D

Originally Posted By: Saturn_Fan
I have NOT put MMO in any of my small engines or vehicles and I am extremely happy with how they run.

You just don't know what you're missing, SF
grin2.gif

Is MMO marvel mystery oil? Could I benefit from this since I put a lot of MMT through my engine? Would it stop the MMT from fouling my plugs?

I don't know what benefit that it brings to the user. I do know what it doesn't bring in terms of liability in massive doses ..at least in my WAY out of bounds usage.

My dad has a Kohler motor that's about 33 years old, I think the model number is K532 and has a lot of carbon buildup due to oil leaking past the valve guides. We don't want to fix it this until winter because we don't have time, would MMO clean this up and if so how much of a dosage would u recommend?

First two pics are were done before I cleaned it up.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v333/countryboy9799/?action=view&current=DSCN2768.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v333/countryboy9799/?action=view&current=DSCN2769.jpg

Next pics are after I steam cleaned it, it didn't seem to want to get it all off, the carbon from the burned oil doesn't want to clean off as good. I also used some seafoam and that dissolved the carbon too.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v333/countryboy9799/?action=view&current=DSCN2808.jpg

This stuff works excellent in the gas. It keeps my fuel injectors clean on my Marauder as well as my carburetor clean on my El Camino.

After running a maintenance dose for a few tanks of gas I notice much better responsiveness from both cars.

I run the stuff in all of my lawn equipment too, it also helps the valves seal better too.

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
Report on MMO, 11/8: Gassed up and got 20.64 mpg, down quite a bit from the previous. Haven't been using the A/C or driving any more in city traffic than usual. Car was at the shop for rear brake pads and a new thermostat just three days before, so they might have been running the engine some.

Gassed up again on 11/8, but I'll leave the MMO out. When I gas up around the 22nd, I'll try the MMO again, and then compare results.

going too high of a dose will drop MPG. The right dose may differ depending upon engine.

Originally Posted By: ADFD1
How exactly do you want to use it? In the oil or the gas?

AD

I am looking for something to put in the gas so it will keep the carbon from building up on the valve stem and in the engine. Seems to me it would work better if it was in the gas. On the stem side of the valve there is a tough, oily and almost tar like buildup, do you think MMO might clean this up?

Originally Posted By: kr_bitog
Finally I succumbed to temptation to put MMO into my gas tank.

Initial feel is the engine sounds smoother(not as quiet with Redline SI-1, but feels slippier. IMO, New formula of SI-1 just have additive to seals better to increase the compression, but may not really suitable for good engine condition.). Just wonder if MMO really clean combustion chamber and valve same as SI-1 ?
If many pilots swear by MMO, I guess should not be that bad.

I thought I would bump this thread as I just put some in my tank today to see how it fares against my regular additive. I had run 10 tanks or regular fuel with nothing in it in between to get an honest comparison. We will see. I intend to drive it for 10 tanks and compare it to my mileage with my old additive and with nothing... My Scangauge is very handy!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: countryboy9799
Originally Posted By: ADFD1
How exactly do you want to use it? In the oil or the gas?

AD

I am looking for something to put in the gas so it will keep the carbon from building up on the valve stem and in the engine. Seems to me it would work better if it was in the gas. On the stem side of the valve there is a tough, oily and almost tar like buildup, do you think MMO might clean this up?

The MMO people suggest running a good FI cleaner like Amsoil PI, Techron, Regane, or the Red Line cleaner first. MMO does some cleaning but it is not as effective as the others at cleaning. Once everything is clean MMO will continue to clean and keep things clean. It will be effective in cleaning and controlling carbon build up, works as a UCL, makes a better ring to cyl seal, and keeps a thin film of oil on the cyl walls.

It has worked well for me and my family for many years. There are a few members I chat with via PM that have had some very good results with it too.

Use a FI cleaner first, then start with the MMO in the suggested dose, using too much will cut power and fuel economy.

AD

I used Amsoil PI, then went on to the fuel additive which is a cleaner/lubricant that I used up until rinsing the system with just regular top-tier fuel. Then I started MMO. After MMO I will run some more Amsoil PI and then go back to my current additive unless MMO shows more benefit over my current additive.
thumbsup2.gif

You know what I'd like, is a handy-dandy measuring tool which also allows you to cleanly insert the stuff into the tank.

That is, there are markings on the bottle, I know... and so you say, "It's at about 26, and I want to pour it in until it's at about 21", and so you put it in and out three or four times, spilling a little, and getting some on your paint, etc.etc., and then before you know it a big glug goes in and it's at 18....

Any ideas?

I use a nylon measuring cup to measure MMO into small plastic bottles I carry to the gas station.
Those small sample size bottles of stuff you find a Wal-mart or drug stores are handy when empties and cleaned out.
6 oz. for the car; 2-3 for the cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back