MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally I succumbed to temptation to put MMO into my gas tank.

Initial feel is the engine sounds smoother(not as quiet with Redline SI-1, but feels slippier. IMO, New formula of SI-1 just have additive to seals better to increase the compression, but may not really suitable for good engine condition.). Just wonder if MMO really clean combustion chamber and valve same as SI-1 ?
If many pilots swear by MMO, I guess should not be that bad.

Now to really give in to the dark side and put some in your crankcase!

27.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Canawler
Now to really give in to the dark side and put some in your crankcase!

27.gif

I recently did this and I swear I'm seeing about 10-15% more oil pressure. And that was from only about 4 ounces.

Originally Posted By: kr_bitog

If many pilots swear by MMO, I guess should not be that bad.

Pilots use MMO it because the heavy leaded fuel they run tends to lead foul the plugs. With 2 plugs per cyl and two ignitions systems BOTH are supposed to be working before flight. If A or B shows a rpm loss you really shouldn't fly, kind of a pain in the butt with lead fouling a plug or two. MMO in the fuel seems to help enough with this problem that many pilots swear by it. Though the loyalty has more to do with being able to fly and less lead related maintenance than it does wear protection.

Just an update.. It beyonds my expectation, but my car now is smooth and more responsive. I haven't refilled the tank again but so far looks there is slight increase on mpg.
Other fuel additive that gives better effect than this only the Regane.
Not sure if this is due to the carbon deposit structure that reacts better to regane and mmo instead of stp, si-1 or seafoam.

Last one that still in my garage that I haven't tried is the CRC Guaranteed To Pass.

I have used MMO for years and have been satisfied with the results. What I have learned about MMO is that too much in the gas will decrease power and fuel economy. It is a great top lube, and a fair cleaner when added to gas. If you really want to keep the fuel system clean use a good FI cleaner, followed by a tank full of gas with nothing added.. After that start using the MMO, 4 oz/10 gallons of gas will keep things clean and act as an upper cylinder lube as well as keeping the float working properly and lube the fuel pump.

Frank D

It quieted my loud fuel pump, but didn't help my fuel economy. Seemed to run just fine with or without it, so I run without it now to save money.

If you have some laying around try it at 3 oz/10 gal and see what happens. It will take a few tank fulls to see results.

Frank D

Too bad, the MMO did not show MPG increase. It seems my car doesnt like continuous recommended dosage, so I stop puring MMO and refill the tank to dilute it. The car performance improve a bit compared with the full dose of MMO.
Out of curiosity, I add in half dosage of SI-1.
The acceleration feels better, and for short trip, I find there is MPG increase after I refill the tank.

Maybe slightly hotter plug will help further :)

Last edited:
It takes a little experimentation to get the correct dose. When I set up my Inverse Oiler, I had to play around with it a while to get the proper drip rate. Too much actually cut down power and economy.

In my vehicles that don't have an a Inverse Oiler I am currently running it at 500:1 ratio, in the winter I will try 400:1 and see what happens. In my Aerostar I am running a 50/50 mix of MMO and 2-cycle oil at about 400:1.

Frank D

I use it in the fuel for everything. If you ever saw an engine
with the heads off that had it run in the fuel you wouldn't
believe how clean it was inside.

Originally Posted By: BUBBA0420
I use it in the fuel for everything. If you ever saw an engine
with the heads off that had it run in the fuel you wouldn't
believe how clean it was inside.

That's why I have been running MMO is all of my gas engine's fuel for 13 years now. I have seen it work wonders before. Good stuff.
grin2.gif

After reading a bunch of threads here, I popped 3.5 oz. of MMO into my 18+ gallon tank when I gassed up last week. The engine has always run smoothly, so no difference that I can tell there. It's a quart bottle (whatever happened to the pint size?), so I'll continue adding 3.5 to 4 oz. each fillup till it's gone, and I'll see if I gain anything.

^^^ Probably won't notice much as that is half the recommended dosage. Not really fair to make an assessment of a product using less than the recommended dosage.

I suggest starting with the recommended dosage of 4oz/10 gallons, see how that does, and adjust up or down from there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jax_RX8
^^^ Probably won't notice much as that is half the recommended dosage. Not really fair to make an assessment of a product using less than the recommended dosage.

I suggest starting with the recommended dosage of 4oz/10 gallons, see how that does, and adjust up or down from there.

I thought, from posts above, that the recommended dose was 3 oz./10 gal.? So, at a dose of 4, I should have about 7 oz. in an 18 gallon tank?

The suggested dose is 4 oz/10 gallons of fuel which works out to 320:1 ratio. Some guys are using at 400:1 which would be 3.2 oz/10 gallons, or 500:1 using 2.56 0z/ 10 gallons of gas.

As I mentioned earlier experiment and see what works best. Too much is no good, it cuts power and fuel economy.

Frank D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back