MMO - does it really work??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: lexrx3
So it sounds like the consensus is you'll notice a difference in performance even if you're not experiencing any problems. Correct???

The difference is most noticed in older engines, or engines lacking compression due to wear or sticking rings. A newer perfect running engine isn't going to show any improvements that you'll notice. The engine will however benefit from the cleaning properties and the UCL itself. Lets call it preventative medicine for a new engine, and the fountain of youth for an older engine. LOL

Read through all these pages and decide if its all in our heads or if it has worked as many of us claim. Then if you think it might be helpful give it a try for yourself, you might just be pleased with the results.

moe in wichita ks. been using mmo for about 3 decades. now i use it in my radio controlled trucks, i put 4-6 drops in the intake of the 2 stroke engine, spin the engine, now its protected from rust on the inside of the engine. you see the methanol in the glow fuel will draw moisture. also note the mmo one gal jug in cold weather will crack and let all your mmo out. just get a one gal plastic gas can, that will hold up to cold weather.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
Originally Posted By: lexrx3
So it sounds like the consensus is you'll notice a difference in performance even if you're not experiencing any problems. Correct???

"notice" being the key word. There has been no quantifiable/reproducible evidence suggesting MMO does anything in the fuel. It seems to be absolutely harmless, though.

I haven't noticed anything when using it.

I have quantifiable proof MMO works in my fuel-my MPG before using MMO was always 15 or 16 MPG combined interstate and city driving. With MMO my MPG is consistently at least 17 up to 18.5 MPG. Most of the time I am right around 17.0 to 17.7. My personal best has been 19 MPG on an interstate trip to Tampa and back. I track my MPG at every fill-up on www.fuelly.com. If that isn't proof, I don't know what is.

There is a definite difference and improvement in how my engine runs with MMO as opposed to without MMO. I have done my own extensive experimentation with and without MMO and also tested different dose amounts with MMO. The only "proof" I have of this is my own experience and driving history. I have been driving my truck every day for the last 5 years so I know exactly how it ran before MMO and I can say without a doubt its performance is much better with MMO than it ever was without it. I know my truck like the back of my hand, I know how it runs and how it responds, and this is all the proof I need.

If MMO didn't help my engine run better and perform better and help get better MPG, I surely would not be on here and reporting that it did. Neither would any of the countless others who have posted about their own good results and better engine performance with using MMO.

Ah Jimmy some people just don't like the fact that MMO has the following it does here. Products that prove themselves succeed here on Bitog, others get taken to the cleaners, it's a tough group. I'd say in the past year or so MMO has developed a nice following here, by open minded people like yourself who gave it a try and liked it. Some people just hate it for the sake of hating it and no other reason. Perhaps they are envious of the products success, or are told to hate it? One thing for sure it makes for some interesting reading.

I haven't checked my mpg on my daily driver (Rav 4) in probably over 2 years. It's 2 hours minimum per day driving each work day.
I was looking at the use of something since it has over 100k on the clock. That's how I got to where I'm at now - trying MMO.
Although I take it to a specialized Toyota indy for all it's maintenance, (oil change every 3-4k, all the other maintenance above that like those 30k things), I'm wanting so do something between the oil changes as a maintainer. I have never has a single issue with the RAV and want to continue using it - my full size 4wd truck was killing me in gas - I let the wife keep the bigger SUV, and I think my son is going to keep the Camry. I guess I'll have to sign the Camry over to him some day. But I think I'll dump MMO in those other vehicles too since I have some on hand.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Ah Jimmy some people just don't like the fact that MMO has the following it does here. Products that prove themselves succeed here on Bitog, others get taken to the cleaners, it's a tough group. I'd say in the past year or so MMO has developed a nice following here, by open minded people like yourself who gave it a try and liked it. Some people just hate it for the sake of hating it and no other reason. Perhaps they are envious of the products success, or are told to hate it? One thing for sure it makes for some interesting reading.

There are thousands of posts documenting its success people have had with it. None showing its been proven to harm anything when used correctly. And the only negative feedback has largely come from those who never used it. A little bit from those who did, but had new/clean fuel systems where all it could is keep them clean (and here you won't notice what's happening). Also versatile and cheaper than alternatives.

BITOG is a tough crowd to please. Ask about the color of the sun and you'll get 12 different replies.

-Spyder

Spyder I'd hope that in a new vehicle there would be little to no improvement adding MMO to the gas. If there is a noticeable improvement there just might be something wrong with the car! I add it to the gas in my new Jeep to avoid problems down the road, and because it sits for long periods of time.

BTW what color is the sun? LOL

Basically, the worst that's been shown to happen with MMO is nothing, and that only typically happens if there's nothing wrong to necessitate its use. It still doesn't hurt though, as a UCL is never a bad thing.

Just got back from PEP Boys & found the MMO there in the gallon jugs.
Also picked up 4 bottles of Regane - the 2x concentrate complete fuel system cleaner.
They also carry the Seafoam by the gallon - that stuff ain't cheap.

Got to yappin with another customer. He was buying a few bottles of the STP oil treatment. Says his truck is going through a quart of oil about every 700-800 miles and he doesn't see any leaks. Yikes - I told him he needs a mechanic, not STP oil treatment.

to: JHZR2 yes mmo s one gal jug is hard to pour from, and when the one gal jug gets cold it will crack. i get a one gal gas can from w/mart, then rip the safety catch off. then keep the mmo in the one gal gas can. i also add twc-3, 2 stroke oil to the mmo. i add one qt -3 to one gal mmo. seams to work fine. right now iam putting about double the recommended amount. half in the fuel tank, and half through a upper oiler. from ampco, its a little like the realy old ones that mmo sold. my engine starts fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back