Microgard Select Virgin Oil Filter Cut Open & Inspection

Ok, I called Wix Customer Service (704-869-3421) and mentioned that the Wix website doesn't show any beta/efficiency information for the Wix XP but it does for the regualar Wix filters (typically shown as 95% @ 20u), and asked if they had any information on the Wix XP efficiency they could share.

The gal I talked to said they are told to basically say: "The media configuration is proprietary, and that the efficiency is 99% @ 35u to anyone who asks about the efficiency". She didn't say on which Wix XP filter model that is based on, but it was probably on their largest filter size. She couldn't tell me why Wix chooses to not show the efficiency information on their website when they can give the info to people over the phone. 🤷‍♂️

When I look at all the Wix XP filters lilsted on O'Reilly's website today, I don't see any efficiency reference at all. Maybe it was there at one time, but not now it seems. But if it use to say "99% @ 35u" then that seems to match to what I was told on the phone today.

If you look at Andrew's ISO 4518-12 test data, the Wix XP came in at 62% @ 20u and 88% @ 35u. The filters he used in that test were for a 6.2L Chevy V8, so if it was smaller in size than what Wix bases its XP efficiency number on, then that could explain the difference.

Sounds like “proprietary” rock catcher technology to me! I’m somewhat interested if Mann can improve the XP/Platinum at all, the Purolator Boss isn’t that bad!

Ok, I called Wix Customer Service (704-869-3421) and mentioned that the Wix website doesn't show any beta/efficiency information for the Wix XP but it does for the regualar Wix filters (typically shown as 95% @ 20u), and asked if they had any information on the Wix XP efficiency they could share.

The gal I talked to said they are told to basically say: "The media configuration is proprietary, and that the efficiency is 99% @ 35u to anyone who asks about the efficiency". She didn't say on which Wix XP filter model that is based on, but it was probably on their largest filter size. She couldn't tell me why Wix chooses to not show the efficiency information on their website when they can give the info to people over the phone. 🤷‍♂️

When I look at all the Wix XP filters lilsted on O'Reilly's website today, I don't see any efficiency reference at all. Maybe it was there at one time, but not now it seems. But if it use to say "99% @ 35u" then that seems to match to what I was told on the phone today.

If you look at Andrew's ISO 4518-12 test data, the Wix XP came in at 62% @ 20u and 88% @ 35u. The filters he used in that test were for a 6.2L Chevy V8, so if it was smaller in size than what Wix bases its XP efficiency number on, then that could explain the difference.

Ouchtown, pop: Wix XP

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
Sounds like “proprietary” rock catcher technology to me! I’m somewhat interested if Mann can improve the XP/Platinum at all, the Purolator Boss isn’t that bad!
True ... if the XP was the same efficiency as the Boss, I'd put them both on my "I'd use them" list.

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
Strange, your link shows the ISO efficiency info in the "detailed description" section. In the link I gave earlier to all the Wix XP filters, when you open any of the XP filters there is no efficiency info in the detailed description - 🤷‍♂️

Here's a direct link to the same 51372XP model filter. No efficiency info in the "detailed description" text.

1650325377784.png

This is the "detailed description" section in your link for the same Wix XP filter model. Your link shows a whole extra paragraph in the detailed description.

1650325777366.jpg

Last edited:
Strange, your link shows the ISO efficiency info in the "detailed description" section. In the link I gave earlier to all the Wix XP filters, when you open any of the XP filters there is no efficiency info in the detailed description - 🤷‍♂️

Here's a direct link to the same 51372XP model filter. No efficiency info in the "detailed description" text.

View attachment 96906

This is the "detailed description" section in your link for the same Wix XP filter model. Your link shows a whole extra paragraph in the detailed description.

View attachment 96912
I knew I was special! I just knew I had seen Wix efficiency in O'Reilly's website before. Not that the XP's is any good, that's why it's "proprietary"! Sounds like Ascent 's testing shows it as even WORSE than quoted.

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
I knew I was special! I just knew I had seen Wix efficiency in O'Reilly's website before. Not that the XP's is any good, that's why it's "proprietary"! Sounds like Ascent 's testing shows it as even WORSE than quoted.
Maybe Wix sends the ones with leaking internals to the O'Reilly's on the west coast. 😄