Microgard MGL7317 Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my Microgard 7317 from my Civic in my sig. (new style Champ Labs) Used with Havoline 5w-20 from the $11.99 O'reilly special back in January. 3700 miles on this OCI. I am pleased with this filter. ADBV was still nice and pliable, although not as important in my application since the filter mounts vertical with the base end up. I counted 42 pleats. I feel this filter can do 5,000 miles no problem.

Looks good. Why not take the oil & filter out to 5,000 miles? Oil still looks pretty clean to me.

Thanks for this! I was just looking the otr day to see if anyone had cut one of the new Champion ones open. I have 4 of the old style 7317's from an oil change deal last year. I am going to try and swap them out for the new style ones...

They fit both my Odyssey and Mazda..I'll use them on the Mazda...

Looks good, those are the decent Champ filters looks like you hit the jackpot your size is not e-core. I'd run those in a heartbeat as well.

As always, thanks for cutting and posting!

I've noticed (and posted) in the past that the Champ filters for 'Asian' cars are not e-core filters: 7317,4967,6607,9688,3593..etc

While 'American' cars that take a 2,5,16,3387,3614,3506...etc are e-core. I'd go as far as to bet they aren't made at the same factory.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Looks good. Why not take the oil & filter out to 5,000 miles? Oil still looks pretty clean to me.

Agreed. 3700 miles seems like a waste of good oil.

Originally Posted By: sir1900

Agreed. 3700 miles seems like a waste of good oil.

I agree, I should've pushed the OCI to 5k miles as my driving is 70-80% highway anyway. This engine should be very clean since the short block is only 4 years old with 34k on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back