MICRO GREEN OIL FILTER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised no one has asked me why I used M1 AFE instead of EP. It's simply because it was not available at my Wal Mart when I bought the oil.

If I end up doing this again (UOA dependent) I will be using EP.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Right, I found the warranty language to be quite evasive myself. Interestingly, they do not state that you have to use synthetic oil. So, if they say you can run 30K on conventional that seems like quite a feat. I would not be trying this if my car were still under warranty.

The car I am using for this experiment is my 2012 Mazda 3i (Skyactiv DI engine).

Restrain yourselves from shuddering too much.

Always hold an open mind for everything...so I'm eagerly awaiting for your UOA to come back at the end of your 30K OCI run.

Thanks,

Q.

I recall my initial reluctance, and eventual acceptance, of extended life products. In 1989 I went from 3K OC's on my 72 Pontiac Catalina to 6K OC's, using Mobil 1, on my 89 Accord. I worked my way up to 10K on the Accord within four years. I switched to synthetic ATF and went from 15K drain & fills to 30K. In 1997 I switched the Accord to Dexcool (shudder again) and went to 100K coolant changes. Unfortunately, I had an accident and got rid of the car in 2012 after 23 years and 353K miles. I used many brands of synthetic oil and many different filters and the engine remained clean. I got to inspect it at valve adjustment time.

Overall, I like the economy and reduced waste associated with reduced use of consumable maintenance items. Changing these things prematurely does not make me feel good or give me the impression that I am doing anything nice for the car.

We'll all have to be patient. I'm at 15K on this oil. The second 15K will take me about nine months to accumulate. So, this oil will have been through a Texas summer and what passes for "winter."

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Originally Posted By: Quest
as a mechanical filtration device--oil filter is capable of filtering out insolubles.

Regrettably, engine oil will gradually oxidised and form acids as it interacts with moisture and combustion byproducts. These "dissolved" contaminants cannot be rid of unless you perform a drain-and-fill (with fresh new lubricant of course).

At the end of the day: would you rather keep your that rancid, contaminated oil inside your engine up to 30,000miles?

I personally would not buy it (and will not do so in practice either).

Q.

Scroll down to the last of these FAQ's.

http://www.microgreenfilter.com/faqs

This?

Will extending the drain intervals and using the oil up to 30,000 miles have a negative effect on the additive package in the oil?

A: The additive package in engine oil is intended primarily to suspend particles in the oil. Additives are also present to reduce oxidation and changes to viscosity. The microGreen filter is unique in that it captures the small particles down to 2 microns in size. These small particles are not removed by a conventional filter and, therefore, deplete the additive package and lead to chemical changes in the oil. By keeping the oil clean the microGreen filter ensures that the additive package is not consumed in as little as 3,000 miles but remains active in the oil up to 30,000 miles. The following are a few key points based on extensive research:

Extensive on-road testing and oil analysis clearly indicate that using the microGreen oil filter, even after 30,000 miles does not adversely effect the viscosity, wear metals, and oxidation (TAN/TBN) levels in the oil. All of these measures remain within normal operating conditions throughout the extended oil life. Clearly, these levels cannot be maintained if the additives can been depleted.

Research has shown that heavy-duty trucks, using By-Pass filters, allow these vehicles to extend their drains intervals without affecting the additive packages. The microGreen filter works in a similar manner to by-pass filters by utilizing a secondary high efficiency filter to remove small particles from the oil.

Up until the introduction of the microGreen filter, research was not possible on extended drain intervals for light-duty vehicles based on improvement in filtration efficiency down to 2 microns. That is because a filter did not exist for these vehicles that could significantly filter out these small particles from the oil.

Additionally, the chemical analyses of the oil using the microGreen filter also indicates that the microGreen filter ONLY captures the small contaminant particles – it DOES NOT filter any of the additive package

Last edited:
Yes, that. I believe the language may be "dumbed down" a bit for sales purposes. I'm also not entirely believing the "without affecting the additive packages" part because, surely, there must be some depletion going on. Perhaps the degradation is slowed and, then, with each successive top-up the new oil's additives offer a bit of renewal.

I, for one, am hoping that my results are good. I already feel like going out and hugging a tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back