Michelin Crossclimate+ tires Nov2019 date

I ordered a set of four 215/60R16 Michelin Crossclimate+ for my 2004 Camry SE V6. I stopped by there today to set up a install date and asked to inspect the tires. I was hoping for maybe a early or mid 2020 manufacture date. However the 4 tires were from 46-49th week of 2019 manufacture and they come from Italy. Not sure how long it takes to get here from there. Not sure if I should proceed and get them installed in 2 weeks or should I hold out for a later date. I am generally not a hard driver and often will drive a set for close to 9-10 years till the tread get down to 4/32 to prompt a change.
Hoping to get some input from the community.
Thanks.

You may want to consider the latest version, Crossclimate2, I believe the tread warranty went from 40K mikes to 60K...

I am hoping for a Costco sale in October!

You may want to consider the latest version, Crossclimate2, I believe the tread warranty went from 40K mikes to 60K...

I am hoping for a Costco sale in October!

Unfortunately Crossclimate2 does not come in the size I need.
Would the forum members remember if Costco has a better sale every October for tires, or are they generally the same. Seems like they have a Michelin 'so called sale' almost every other month. Are they all similar or do they have a particularly better sale some months of the year?

Considering how hard Italy was hit with (X), those tires seem to be what to expect. Are they going to ship the few newer made and throw those away?

What you should do instead is buy less expensive tires and replace them more often than 9-10 years (given same yearly tire budget). Once the compound starts getting hard, you have an inferior traction over the 2nd half of their lifespan compared to cheaper new tires.

New to the forums, but picking up on this discussion.

I am currently on the market for new tires, and want to go with either the CrossClimate+ or CrossClimate2, both of which are available in the size I need. Any thoughts on which is the better tire?

I understand the CrossClimate2 is the newest version of the tire, but it also has a 'B' Traction rating and fewer reviews, while the CrossClimate+ has an 'A' traction rating and has positive reviews from Tirerack and Consumer Reports. The CrossClimate2 also ends up being slightly cheaper through Costco than the CrossClimate+ (through Tirerack). I'd like to go with the Climate2, but am concerned it might be a worse tire than the Climate+ because of the traction rating.

New to the forums, but picking up on this discussion.

I am currently on the market for new tires, and want to go with either the CrossClimate+ or CrossClimate2, both of which are available in the size I need. Any thoughts on which is the better tire?

I understand the CrossClimate2 is the newest version of the tire, but it also has a 'B' Traction rating and fewer reviews, while the CrossClimate+ has an 'A' traction rating and has positive reviews from Tirerack and Consumer Reports. The CrossClimate2 also ends up being slightly cheaper through Costco than the CrossClimate+ (through Tirerack). I'd like to go with the Climate2, but am concerned it might be a worse tire than the Climate+ because of the traction rating.
Interesting, as you say my understanding was that the 2 is the last east version of this tire, and both the + & 2 carry the 3-Peak Mountain Snowflake symbol...although I have not viewed either tire in person. The tread wear rating has improved with the 2.

I do know this, last year in October I tried to find the Crossclimate+ or the Nokia’s WRG4 and couldn’t find either in my size. Costco is currently running a sale on these, with a better sale starting on Sept 2nd. The $120 Michelin rebate does not apply for Costco (or Discount Tire)...it was set up for the independent tire retailers.

This is the email I got from Michelin asking the same thing (Which wasn't any help really. Just a copy n paste from their website. I've sent another email asking which is better in very cold weather and snow/ice, waiting on reply...):

CrossClimate+
Designed for light winter weather as well as summer - contains the silica tread compound to make the tire better acclimated for a wide range of weather conditions
Full depth 3D sipes - ensures that your wet braking performance will be long lasting and excellent
Bevel Edge tread blocks - gives additional performance security on dry road that require lots of turns
CrossClimate SUV
A reinvented CrossClimate+ that is designed to perform well in light off road conditions as well as the above attributes
CrossClimate2
Designed to replace the Premier line of products
Contains emerging rain grooves to offer additional evacuation of water once the tire is half worn
Piano Tune Technology insures that the ride is quiet. Unlike the predecessors of its kind, offers less noise from the tread pattern
New tread compound gives longer life than preceding models (approximately 1 year additional tread life over competitor tires)

I’d go with the CrossClimate+ since it has an A traction rating versus the B traction rating of the CC2.

This is the email I got from Michelin asking the same thing (Which wasn't any help really. Just a copy n paste from their website. I've sent another email asking which is better in very cold weather and snow/ice, waiting on reply...):

CrossClimate+
Designed for light winter weather as well as summer - contains the silica tread compound to make the tire better acclimated for a wide range of weather conditions
Full depth 3D sipes - ensures that your wet braking performance will be long lasting and excellent
Bevel Edge tread blocks - gives additional performance security on dry road that require lots of turns
CrossClimate SUV
A reinvented CrossClimate+ that is designed to perform well in light off road conditions as well as the above attributes
CrossClimate2
Designed to replace the Premier line of products
Contains emerging rain grooves to offer additional evacuation of water once the tire is half worn
Piano Tune Technology insures that the ride is quiet. Unlike the predecessors of its kind, offers less noise from the tread pattern
New tread compound gives longer life than preceding models (approximately 1 year additional tread life over competitor tires)

The CC2 seems like an Americanized CC+
The CC2 is made in the US and Canada, has better siping, and a longer warranty (but that B traction rating isn't great)
The CC+ is made in Europe, has less siping, and a shorter warranty (but has an A traction rating)

I got another email from Michelin after I asked about the B traction rating for the CC2's, this was their response:

The new Michelin CrossClimate 2 tire is rated a B for traction, which gives in better wear with the limited tread warranty of 60,000 miles. Also, keep in mind, the UTQG rating is used by tire manufacturer's to rate their tires. This is not to say that the A traction would be better. The new CrossClimate 2 tire has a different compound in the tread the provides improved wet and dry braking, including snow performance over the old Michelin CrossClimate SUV tires. The actual compound in the tread is where you get the better performance in wet and dry.

Back