3PMSF Tire Michelin Crossclimate or Goodyear Weatherready?

So what do you think of the WRdy after driving on them for one winter season? '21-'22 was my first winter on the WRdy on my 2020 Fusion and I am very impressed (compared to the Michelin Enegery Saver A/S which were absolutely abysmal in the snow '20-'21 winter). They handled quite well in the lake effect snowfall of the West Michigan region. My only minor complaint would be they need additional traction on takeoff. Other than that I think they are exceptional.

I'd like to hear what you think of them.
Hi -

well I put them on a brand new RAV4 two days after I drove it off the lot so I don't have any comparison of other tires on the the vehicle.

This being said the tires seemed to preform well I never l slid or lost control.

Since it was a new vehicle to me I took it easier driving wise and drove on the conservative side as I was getting use to the new vehicle.

I would get them again.

I wanted to try the WeatherReady for last winter but when I went to put them on, the sidewalls were separating. I posted in other threads here with pictures. When I did have them on the car when I bought it, I found them to ride ok but they were probably the noisiest tires for highway I ever had. More so than all my winter tires.

I didn't hate them enough to get rid of them because they had a lot of tread left until I saw the sidewall issues. GY prorated them based on date code and tread depth (no receipts). The GY WinterCommand Ultra that replaced them are quieter all around, and good in snow/wet. For me they won't totally balance smooth even after road force balancing at GY. I won't spend more after 3 balancing's. I also probably will never buy them again.

As an All-Weather choice the WRdy might be OK for those that that won't go full winter and don't mind the noise.

My experience with the WeatherReady's have been great- I have about 5,000 miles on mine and they are much quieter than the Altimax RT43s that I had on. The snow grip is fantastic- here in Minnesota we've been blasted with snow for the past 3 months.

Back