Michelin Agilis CrossClimate

2013 Fiesta Hatch SE. Considering Michelin Agilis CrossClimate 185 /60 R15 94T C5 BSW. I replaced the original Hankooks with Kelleys. The Hankooks were OK, but very disapointed with the Kelly tires. No traction in the wet. Dangerous. Not much wear though. Is the Michelin Agilis CrossClimate the same tire as the CrossClimate+ sold in England?

Any other tire to consider? Looking for something with good traction for spirited driving. Mileage is not as important as Michelins seem to loose dry traction after 3 or 4 years (That's with plenty of tread)

Isn't the Agilis a Commercial tire perhaps that is a NV200/City Express Size...?

No I do not think that is the same tire as a Cross Climate + or Cross Climate 2...

Based on what Tire rack is showing for choices id probably look at the Agilis, Quatrac 5, Advantage T/A Sport and compare, my concern with the Michelin would be ride on a small car, but thats a much praised tire in larger sizes for things like Ford Transit Vans...

Commercial van tires won't be the best thing to use for spirited driving. Is snow/winter performance a consideration at all? If not, consider summer tires.

If you can use summer tires, get the Goodyear EfficientGrip :)

That michelin tire is a commercial van tire.. would not be on my top 10 list for a small car in texas.

my opinions:
Top choices
general altimax rt43

if you want sporty(er) handling
Falken Ziex ZE950 H rated

I have the BFG Advantage T/A sports on my '15 Cherokee with the V-6 and AWD. They have been really good so far. Had them for about 2.5 years and about 25k miles. Tread is still in good shape and they've done well in all types of weather, even though they aren't 3-peak snow rated. They have been better that the General Altimax RT43's I had before that. The RT43's had spongy sidewalls in spirited driving conditions where these do not.

There's some decent options, but somewhat limited choices

Look at Quadrac 5 or BFG Advance T/A sport
Those BFG are loud and have below average wet traction

The quadrac 5 are winter condition bias'ed and the OP is in texas..

both however are good tires.. just not ones I would put on the OP's fiesta in texas.

" They have been better that the General Altimax RT43's I had before that. The RT43's had spongy sidewalls in spirited driving conditions where these do "

Were the 43s' T or H ? The H has a better sidewall for handling .

" They have been better that the General Altimax RT43's I had before that. The RT43's had spongy sidewalls in spirited driving conditions where these do "

Were the 43s' T or H ? The H has a better sidewall for handling .
H

Back