Michelin cross climate

I'm surprised to hear this. I've got CC2's on my car with about I'd contact the dealer you got them from and Michelin and see what they say to start with, really push it with them if they don't do much...

Last edited:
I surprised to hear this. I've got CC2's on my car with about 10k (my car hasn't been used much this year) and they are the quietest tires I've had, ever. A friend got them on his Caddy after I recommended and hasn't had any issues either yet and he drives a fair bit.
I'd contact the delar you got them form and Michelin and see what they say to start with, really push it with them if they don't do much...
It's a cheap crap no sound insulation Elantra SE I'm thinking that's why it's unbearable. I did contact Michelin customer service they said noise is not covered under warranty. Sadly I didn't contact them to about 5 months after purchase

It's a cheap crap no sound insulation Elantra SE I'm thinking that's why it's unbearable. I did contact Michelin customer service they said noise is not covered under warranty. Sadly I didn't contact them to about 5 months after purchase
If its been doing it since new, its probably the harmonics of the car/tire combo, lack of insulation etc like you said. How were the tires on it before that?

If its been doing it since new, its probably the harmonics of the car/tire combo, lack of insulation etc like you said. How were the tires on it before that?
The original OE nexen priz was quite but also almost worn when we bought the car with 30k miles. It's definitely just a bad tire for the Hyundai with it's aggressive tread design picture is when delivered

Attachments

• IMG_20200827_114655437_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200827_114655437_HDR.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 45
Continental True Contact Tour's are a good quiet all season with excellent snow tractions according to CR. I think you will be able to sell the michelins for a few bucks too which helps.

Maybe get another set of the Nexens if they were decent enough?

I've never liked/had any luck with Kumhos in the past, but been a while since I tried anything of theirs...
Cooper seems to be well liked in general. I've not used a set of those in years either, they are hard to get around here...

The original OE nexen priz was quite but also almost worn when we bought the car with 30k miles. It's definitely just a bad tire for the Hyundai with it's aggressive tread design picture is when delivered
Are the tyres in the picture what you got fitted? those aren't CC2, but most likely CC+ or oroginal CC.

I can get kumho lx platinum for $55 a tire free shipping any thoughts good or bad?
The Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum(if the "ECSTA LX Platinum" this is the one you're referring to) have been around for a really, really long time without an update. They were a very good tire in their scoring & customer reviews when they first arrived on the market. I believe they were categorized as a LUXURY GRAND TOURING TIRE that would have been suitable on a higher end vehicle.

However, they've been eclipsed over & over again by newer tires on the market when compared side-by-side; because they've been around sooooo long. But, they were considered to be a very good tire. :)

I look at it this way. For $55/tire; the Exsta LX Platinum were good once and probably still good today. Just my 2cents!

Scroll to the bottom and click on the video(s) of the tire testing.

Last edited:
In upstate New York, she needs a set of real winter tires on the car for the next five months, starting in November. I've been happy with the General Altimax Arctic 12s on my '20 Camry Hybrid. Reasonable price; great winter traction. When Spring arrives, get her a set of decent all-seasons (3-seasons---RT-43s are also reasonably-priced and reportedly perform adequately). My young adult son is in NYC/NJ with our '10 Sonata that has Continental True Contact Tours that Tire Rack says are OK in winter conditions. They may be, but we switch out the Contis for an aging set of Altimax Arctics that do great in snow/ice, and have 8/32nds left after 6 winters.

Thanks for the report on your experience with the Cross Climate 2s; I'll scratch them off my list for my Camry Hybrid when the OE Firestone FT140s bite the dust.

In upstate New York, she needs a set of real winter tires on the car for the next five months, starting in November. I've been happy with the General Altimax Arctic 12s on my '20 Camry Hybrid. Reasonable price; great winter traction. When Spring arrives, get her a set of decent all-seasons (3-seasons---RT-43s are also reasonably-priced and reportedly perform adequately). My young adult son is in NYC/NJ with our '10 Sonata that has Continental True Contact Tours that Tire Rack says are OK in winter conditions. They may be, but we switch out the Contis for an aging set of Altimax Arctics that do great in snow/ice, and have 8/32nds left after 6 winters.

Thanks for the report on your experience with the Cross Climate 2s; I'll scratch them off my list for my Camry Hybrid when the OE Firestone FT140s bite the dust.
I think the cross climates will be fine for the winter up there she goes to Marist college living on campus will use the car sparingly. We used them last winter through some heavy snow I will say they were impressive.

He has crossclimate+, not Crossclimate 2

I’d normally refer you to Kumho Crugen HT51s (it’s a copy of a Michelin LTX for half the price) of course that’s the one size that isn’t available in that tire. Honestly a set of snow tires and swap to a fuel economy or noise reduction oriented all season in the summer might be a better fit. Those cars aren’t the most insulated things in the world and that can exacerbate the noise from an aggressive all weather tire. Based on the driving patterns I’d bet she could get away with winters all year round. My Sumitomo Ice Edge’s were amazing in the snow and very quiet in dry spring/fall road conditions.

Edit:see you did what what I suggested in an earlier post.

Received the kumho LX platinum today probably install next week still working on extra rims for the cross climates

Attachments

• IMG_20210910_094750280.jpg
    IMG_20210910_094750280.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20210910_094735466.jpg
    IMG_20210910_094735466.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 12
Back