new tires for wife's car

good morning! Thanks for your ideas for daughter's tires. I learned a lot

I got Michelin Cross Climate 2 tires for wife's car. 2012 Accord. about 60,000 original miles. tires were 8 years old.

I have a nice local mechanic. The tires were about $850, labor $100 (cheap) and tax about $50

the car handles much better, as when you swerve left and right. also going over railroad tracks MUCH smoother.
the tread looks really funny!

Live in Massachusetts, will use year round.

thanks everyone! bob

good morning! Thanks for your ideas for daughter's tires. I learned a lot

I got Michelin Cross Climate 2 tires for wife's car. 2012 Accord. about 60,000 original miles. tires were 8 years old.

I have a nice local mechanic. The tires were about $850, labor $100 (cheap) and tax about $50

the car handles much better, as when you swerve left and right. also going over railroad tracks MUCH smoother.
the tread looks really funny!

Live in Massachusetts, will use year round.

thanks everyone! bob
You only rotate those tires front to back on the same side...NO criss cross with that tire...

thanks! would never have known.

bob
That is what this means...

1715177816549.jpg

CC2 is a safe choice for year-round use up north. My only complaints with them are more noise and worse fuel economy when compared to OEM tire; but I'm not sure that any other all-weather tire would be any better in these areas.

Umm.....no. That tells the tire mounter which way to mount the tire depending on which way the tire rotates on the car when installed.
That also tells the person rotation the tires the right way to do it....

So if you see the tire mounted backwards, do you still move it front to back, or do you remount correctly and move to the other side of the car?
I would take it back and show them and have them fix it..

I bought one 9/32” used for a spare and it’s absolutely a mistake on my part. Tire is directional. It will rotate only one direction. Counter clockwise on left side (driver in USA), clockwise on right side (passenger in USA).

What is different for each side is the way the rim will face.

If they were asymmetrical it would change things again, it would say outside and now the tire cannot be on either side just by remounting (when directional).

There was some year of corvette on which each OE tire was a different part number as the setup was staggered

I bought one 9/32” used for a spare and it’s absolutely a mistake on my part. Tire is directional. It will rotate only one direction. Counter clockwise on left side (driver in USA), clockwise on right side (passenger in USA).
Having bought plenty of cars with tires mounted like that, I couldn't feel any difference. Maybe in the rain where the grooves channel water away it might, but for a spare I wouldn't worry about it.

Having bought plenty of cars with tires mounted like that, I couldn't feel any difference. Maybe in the rain where the grooves channel water away it might, but for a spare I wouldn't worry about it.
There is no “maybe” in the rain when it comes to directional tires. You just won’t get that performance and you might create instability problems if one tire performance drastically below others. Rain and snow are the most important performance variables.

I did google and it said just that…maybe noisier, but to your point it’s a spare tire…

Back