Michelin cross terrain replacement ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michigan had a real bad winter this year and I was real impressed with the cross terrains on my 2wd 98 F150. As bad as the winter was this is the first time I ever felt safe driving 2wd PU through all the snow & muck. My wife felt the same, if weather was bad she wouldn't go out unless we took that F150.

I need tires for newer truck and can't find the Michelin CT's...did the Michelin LTX M/S 2 replace the CT ?

What other tire should I checkout that has same or better performance than the Michelin CT ? P235/70R16

Thanks

Buy the Ltx m/s 2 and call it a day. I think the lattitudes replaced the Cross Terrains in most sizes, but would think the ltx a better fit for an F150. Love them on the Highlander and am happy I chose them over the lattitudes.

The Michelin LTX M/S2 is among the best of the highway all-season tires such as the Cross Terrains are. They're not exactly inexpensive, but come with a 720 treadwear rating (very high for this type of tire) and an A grade for both traction AND temperature, which is nearly unheard of in light truck tires. Despite its high price, I believe it's a fantastic value.

And it's available in your size.

The Latitude Tours are also available, and are also very good. They're about $30 per tire less expensive than the LTXes. I'd prefer the LTX.

I have a set of LTX's right now, and I'm not so sure that there is going to be a second set.

I look at the $800 cost that it would take to replace them, and I'm just not so sure anymore.

This past winter was a complete white-knuckle affair with the tires at half-tread, so I can guarantee you that I won't be going into next winter with this set of tires.

Latitudes are horrible in snow. I've had both OE Cross Terrains, and OE Latitudes. They are no comparison in snow. Buy LTX MS2, or another brand.

In my 40 years of winter driving the Cross Terrains are the best I've had in Highway AS tires. I'll get the LTX M/S 2 and be happy.

Thanks to all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back