Michelin Cross Climate

Considering putting Michelin Cross Climate 195/69 R15 on my 2013 Fiesta Hatch SE. Has 185 15 rims. They don't make them in 185. I think 10MM oversize width is not really a problem. What is the maximum width oversize? Any other tire recommendations?

Everything I have heard about them sounds great. Is that really true?

and then some, as far as I am concerned. Only took me some time to run them in, they were very indirect before that happened. Probably not an issue if your suspension isn't very sporty to start with.

Michelin's Agilis CrossClimate is available in the OE size 185/60-15 :sneaky:
Although primarily intended for trucks and vans, you can use them on a car

There is also the Vredestein Quatrac.

outside of Tire Rack, other 3-peak all-season tires in the stock size are:
Nokian WRG4
Toyo Celsius
Milestar AW365

Says you live in Central Texas. Maybe you see/drive where you'll encounter snow? If not, I would avoid these tires. They don't look like the tread pattern will provide the best straight line stability during high speed driving. I'm thinking your car will want to wander a bit with these tires on a high speed Texas freeway and will require you to micro correct the steering quite a bit.

If you have clearance(are not rubbing or 1/2 inch to rubbing) on any parts, you are fine.
Eyeball it and if it looks tight now it wont fit.
Always ran wider tyres and there are minor changes in the way the car sits/ suspension geometry. 10mm wider should not make much of a difference, but you may want to check / do an alignment if the car feels off.

Says you live in Central Texas. Maybe you see/drive where you'll encounter snow? If not, I would avoid these tires. They don't look like the tread pattern will provide the best straight line stability during high speed driving. I'm thinking your car will want to wander a bit with these tires on a high speed Texas freeway and will require you to micro correct the steering quite a bit.
Quite the opposite in my experience. Tramlining is also a thing of the past

I replaced Kumho's that came with the car w/Kelley's. Same price. Kumho's were good in all respects. Kelleys really unsafe in the wet. Beginning to need balancing. All the Michelin's I have had never got out of balance before they wore out. Main complaint is that they loose dry traction after 3 years w/little tread wear. Looked like Cross Climate gives better dry traction.

We get some snow in Central TX. Every year we get Ice storms. That's like several inches of rice sized pellets on the road. I travel, so do need snow traction. 4" snow and 2F here during the Big Chill in February. Looking to see more of that due to climate change. Maybe not as much.

I put a priority on not loosing dry traction after 3 years, and good wet performance.

I think they will not provide good traction on ice, if ice is your main concern. During ice storm it is better not to drive.
If you must then on warm ice 0C/32F use studs.
Are they legal where you live?
Are you ready to suffer the noise?

Krzyś

I have been running a set of CrossClimate on my 2016 Honda Accord and have not experienced any sort of wandering or handling issue when expressway driving. I set the cruise at 80mph, speed limit is 75mph.

I have been running a set of CrossClimate on my 2016 Honda Accord and have not experienced any sort of wandering or handling issue when expressway driving. I set the cruise at 80mph, speed limit is 75mph.
Good to know as I'm very interested in these tires.

dedicated snow- winter tyres are softer when its colder increasing grip but when its warmer they wear faster. there are several in betweeners better than all season but winter tyres, so depending where you drive + the conditions should determine your tyre choice. put a set of the WRG4's on girlfriends 18 optima because OE's were dangerous in snow, they ride nice + are lot loud, as for wear time will tell!

185/60 15 Cross Climates are now available. Ordered a set at Discount Tire. Could have had them installed the next day but opted for early Monday appointment. Ford dealer could get next day but I saved about $100 at Discount Tire.
Is Discount Tire nationwide? I chose them because I thought they were so I would have better luck with tire problem if traveling. I considered Ford for the same reason, but am tired of their outrageous prices. Lost a oil fill cap. They wanted $23 for the piece of plastic. Got it at Autozone for $7.99.

185/60 15 Cross Climates are now available. Ordered a set at Discount Tire. Could have had them installed the next day but opted for early Monday appointment. Ford dealer could get next day but I saved about $100 at Discount Tire.
Is Discount Tire nationwide? I chose them because I thought they were so I would have better luck with tire problem if traveling. I considered Ford for the same reason, but am tired of their outrageous prices. Lost a oil fill cap. They wanted $23 for the piece of plastic. Got it at Autozone for $7.99.

Discount Tire operates in most of the US, except the Northeast.
Pittsburgh and Virginia are as far up as they go.

Ordered them on a Thursday at Discount Tires, Set appointment for 9AM last Monday, Out of there by 9:30 AM.
Very happy with them. Can go through chicane near my house easily at 50 MPH. Never did more than 40 on the Kellys and Hankooks. At first they felt twitchy at 75 mph going home on the first day. They don't now. No special effort to drive in a straight path. People have commented that the tread looks like something for an ATV.

Quite the opposite in my experience. Tramlining is also a thing of the past
They don't look like the tread pattern will provide the best straight line stability during high speed driving. I'm thinking your car will want to wander a bit with these tires on a high speed Texas freeway and will require you to micro correct the steering quite a bit.

I have to agree with Jetronic. I do run CC+ tires on my GTI Performance 7.5 in the winter time only and without any exaggeration I did run them at 158 mph for several hours at least. 225/45 R17 94W size, 35psi, Autobahn late night. No wandering, no tramlining. The difference to my Michelin PSS I run in the summer is noticeable, but surprisingly small. That and the fact it doesn't see much if any snow has been the reason for going CC+ over dedicated winters/snow tires (like Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4/PA5). As expected low temp wet grip is superior over the PSS. The biggest difference to my set of PSS however is wear. These CC+don't even wear half as much as my PSS do. Granted, I do drive corners less hard with them, but that makes these the cheapest to run tires I've ever had for a very long time.

The 185/60 R15 Cross Climates were installed with 35 PSI. Ford specs 32 PSI for the Fiesta SE w/185/60 R 15 tires. Wondering if there is a reason my tires were inflated to 35 PSI. Anybody else running these tires at a higher pressure than their cars specs?

Too late now, but if you live in Central Texas, just stay home if there is winter weather, and buy three season tires. Performance tires will serve you best in this part of the country with the high speed limits on freeways and tollways.

We had not seen the kind of weather we saw in February since 1989. Think about it.

Back