Mercedes tech said alignment done only at Mercedes dealership!!!

Warranty for this car is 40k mileage (bumper to bumper i belive.)

This is the worse model i own. Better to buy GLE350
rattle noise inside the car
air not cooling enough
Standard Mercedes warranty is 4 years 50k miles. You can buy the extended 7/70-100k warranty before the 4 years is up. There's a bunch of dealers mentioned in the one of the Mercedes subforums on mbworld.org that will discount the extended warranty.

Typically on Mercedes, it's the lower priced models which get the most complaints as MB cuts corners to meet the lower price point. Also I always felt their motto, the best or nothing basically referred to their options and engineering, not to their reliability. Certain things are definitely worse on a Mercedes than other cars. I like them for all the options they have and some prefer them for their safety features which you still won't find on other brands.

Hi everyone,

2020 glb250 4matic (14k miles)

I took my car in for trunk not closing and staying open halfway. Service advisor said that might not be cover under warranty. Anyway they are looking into it and I hope they fix it instead of BS with me. Well service advisor inspection my both of my tires and came back with me saying that front tires need to be replace, need balance, then alignment. I told him no then he said do rotation and alignment. Both front tires are wears out due to common wears ( Really at 13k mileage, he said first tire wore out quickly then 2nd set of tire , he also said tire I have is softer tire). Rear tires are good so he want to put rear tires on the front then do alignment, If I don’t want to buy new tires. Rotation,balance,and alignment came out to be $290 plus taxe. Told me only do alignment at the Mercedes dealership and wouldn’t let nobody else touch the car.

At 6k miles they replaced both of the wheel bearings on the front then they only did toe adjustment not full alignment.
No warranty for tires.
Continental tires. 235/50/19 all around
Mercedes aren't any harder to align than any other car. Many modern vehicles don't have adjustable camber or caster anymore, if it's off significantly you've bent something or worn something out and the problem parts need replacement.

Mercedes aren't any harder to align than any other car. Many modern vehicles don't have adjustable camber or caster anymore, if it's off significantly you've bent something or worn something out and the problem parts need replacement.
With the correct tools, yes. Issue is that you need more than just a standard hunter with universal adapters to align one properly.

All shops will use Hunter alignment systems and racks. Many tire shops can align a more plebian cars but the Germans have specifics(full tank, car is to be ballasted with weight) and special tools to do the job right, as well as the brains to interpret code into motion. New cars need the steering angle sensor to be zeroed-out.

TBH, judging by the work I’ve seen the local Firestone, Big O and Goodyear shop do for alignment I don’t have faith in many shops.
The front tires are worn out at only 14,000 miles, from "common wears" ? What is "common wears" ?
Lexus did put a notice on models with “upgraded” wheels and F Sport/F models that “your vehicle is equipped with high-performance tires that may not last longer than 20,000 miles. See your Lexus service department for more information.” It was either a Bridgestone Potenza RE050/Dunlop SP Sport Maxx/Michelin Pilot Sport or Ecopia HL422 that usually had that label.

It’s not uncommon to see staggered wheel setups on German cars, especially if a “sport” package is ordered or it’s an AMG/M/S/R car/SUV. Some tires, more so Bridgestone Potenza or Pirelli P Zero series are made with soft compounds.

All shops will use Hunter alignment systems and racks. Many tire shops can align a more plebian cars but the Germans have specifics(full tank, car is to be ballasted with weight) and special tools to do the job right, as well as the brains to interpret code into motion. New cars need the steering angle sensor to be zeroed-out.

TBH, judging by the work I’ve seen the local Firestone, Big O and Goodyear shop do for alignment I don’t have faith in many shops.

Lexus did put a notice on models with “upgraded” wheels and F Sport/F models that “your vehicle is equipped with high-performance tires that may not last longer than 20,000 miles. See your Lexus service department for more information.” It was either a Bridgestone Potenza RE050/Dunlop SP Sport Maxx/Michelin Pilot Sport or Ecopia HL422 that usually had that label.

It’s not uncommon to see staggered wheel setups on German cars, especially if a “sport” package is ordered or it’s an AMG/M/S/R car/SUV. Some tires, more so Bridgestone Potenza or Pirelli P Zero series are made with soft compounds.
My steering angle sensor didn't like it when the wheel was really crooked. Once it was properly aligned, the error message went off. Basically it would kick on on the highway. I guess it didn't like you going straight for several miles with the steering wheel at a crocked angle. My alignments at Goodyear are sometimes hit or miss. I've been going there a while so the regular alignment guy is pretty good and is spot on, but sometimes it's a new guy and it's slightly off, but then with the 3 year warranty, I just bring it back a month or two later for them to fix it again.

owner BEWARE these days especially in the bigger cities!! an indy in NY was changing uncles oil BUT NOT!! it looked dirty just after the service + marking the filter the next time confirmed it!!!!

Back