Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Evening To All,

I posted earlier this month on the durability of the Ultimate Paste Wax (Sealant) and I wanted to add my thoughts on the application of the product.

I am totally impressed with the ease of applying the product and removal. I detailed my 2014 Harley Davidson Road King today, I used Meguiar's Mirror Glaze 7 followed by 2 coats of the UW, applied it thin, and it buffed off effortlessly. I know carnuba is supposed to be superior in shine, but I don't know how much better the finish can be. Images are crystal clear, no distortion, really beautiful. Perhaps to the expert eye, which I don't profess to have, carnuba may be better, but I am totally satisfied. I have Mother's Pure Brazilian Wax, and it is excellent also. And, this is on a $20 product.

I've been re-thinking the durability issue, and I've come to the conclusion that if UW gives me 3-4 months, because of the ease of application, it's totally workable.

Is it overkill to add a layer of carnuba over it? It's my OCD kicking in.
lol.gif

I'm an avid hobbyist detailer, since I've bought a bottle of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant I've never looked back. Though I've tried many other products that friends buy. 6 months of protection easily on your bike, finish is fantastic, takes tiny tiny amounts. I get 4-5 months on outdoor daily drivers.

I have not tried the ultimate paste wax. It's always something with Megs, a sealant is not a wax.

You can top with carnuba as long as the carnuba wax has no cleaners in it (it will remove the sealant). It's not OCD, that is what people do right before shows. I top my sealant with http://www.amazon.com/Pinnacle-Natural-Brilliance-PIN-312-Souveran/dp/B0002LBLB4

I used to be a huge fan of Meguiar's products until I tried Turtle Wax Ice liquid and spray wax. The Turtle Wax's shine, durability, and ease of application are superior to Meguiar's in my opinion.

Give the Turtle Wax Ice a try; I think its well worth it!

Thanks for the response, I have Mother's Pure Brazillian Carnuba wax, I believe there are no cleaners in it, I am going to let my Inner Detailer come out - is there a length of time I should wait before layering the carnuba?

Just waxed my wifes 2015 GMC Terrain DENALI with UPW and it went on smooth and came off just as easy, have to say the paint looks like glass, beautiful shine and no white residue on the trim
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: synthetic_crazy
I used to be a huge fan of Meguiar's products until I tried Turtle Wax Ice liquid and spray wax. The Turtle Wax's shine, durability, and ease of application are superior to Meguiar's in my opinion.

I talked to one of the lead product engineers inside Turtle Wax about 4 years ago. He told me that he was going to improve alot of their products. I'm kind of a snob with detail products but I will say that I really like their squeeze bottle interior cleaner very much. It leaves a dry satin finish (I'm not into the gloss Amoral look) and it seems to leave a charge that repels dust.

Maybe they reformulated their ICE wax since I used it. I tried it once and it left a nice gloss but it didn't last very long for me. It also was more a reflection than a product that brought out the paint color, don't care for that look. Same reason I don't like Zymol.

Originally Posted By: synthetic_crazy

Have to disagree, former Turtle Wax Ice user
31.gif

I'm a big fan of this product. I'll be firm and say: ICE lasts nowhere near as long as UW does. From very personal experience, UW can approach the durability of Collinite 845. If you are using UQW after every wash or two, you can REALLY extend the durability. Plus, UQW is just awesome to use...on anything.

There are those that use Menzerna Powerlock, Blackfire, etc. Those are all great products, but I don't know that they are worth the price premium. Plus, Meg's is a bit less picky about the prep step. The liquid can be a bit tricky at times, but it is great because it doesn't stain trim. The paste is a bit easier to use, but will stain trim.

I'll admit....Previous LSP's from Meg's were ok at best. UW is definitely a big departure, in a very good way. As far as their terminology of a "wax." Well, in speaking with them, it's just a more consumer friendly product, as most still call it "waxing." Feel how you may, this product performs very well. Definitely one of the best, if not the best OTC product out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back