Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Trim Restorer

I thought the same thing as well, but it wasn't dirt from the paint. When I tried wiping the streaks away with a microfiber, they remained. I put another coating of the trim restorer on and the streaks are gone. The trim is currently nice and dark and evenly colored. Waiting for the next round of rain today and tonight and hoping the week that this has now been on has been enough for it to "cure". We shall see!
Did you clean the surface before you applied it? Anytime I apply trim product I give it a good shot by cleaning it with APC and scrubbing.

It may be painfully obvious to everyone but me but I’m learning that the trim needs significant attention at every wash..,,

Probably the best thing to do after getting a new vehicle is to wash it. Apply a good trim protectant right off the bat and maintain it. That will keep the trim looking new for a long long time.

I thought the same thing as well, but it wasn't dirt from the paint. When I tried wiping the streaks away with a microfiber, they remained. I put another coating of the trim restorer on and the streaks are gone. The trim is currently nice and dark and evenly colored. Waiting for the next round of rain today and tonight and hoping the week that this has now been on has been enough for it to "cure". We shall see!

I’m pretty sure the streaks are due to the rain and water runoff.

Yes, I washed the trim before applying.

We did have rain last night, and there are only minor streaks on the trim today. I was hoping the product would have left a somewhat hydrophobic coating on the trim and the rain would have just run right off. Apparently it runs off but also takes some of the restorer with it. Maybe it will build up over time as I work through the bottle...who knows. Trim is still dark, other than the spots where there are streaks :LOL:

Yes, I washed the trim before applying.

We did have rain last night, and there are only minor streaks on the trim today. I was hoping the product would have left a somewhat hydrophobic coating on the trim and the rain would have just run right off. Apparently it runs off but also takes some of the restorer with it. Maybe it will build up over time as I work through the bottle...who knows. Trim is still dark, other than the spots where there are streaks :LOL:

The ceramic component needs a good 24 hours of dry conditions to cure.

This is that time of the year when the weather changes. I sprayed the Griots 3 in 1 and had rain, snow and hail within 24 hours. It was sunny when I applied it.

First coating streaked after 24 hours. Applied another coat and it cured for a few days before rain. It seems to be better now with only very, very minor streaking after heavy rain. Will apply another coat when I see 3-5 sunny days in the forecast.

I have recently bought this and applied it to the rear bumper guard strip on my 2015 Lexus RX350. I had washed the car a couple of days prior, so I just "cleaned" the plastic strip with a spray of window cleaner and wiped it down with a MF towel and let it dry while I walked around and got the mail, rolled the trash can down the 300' driveway and shook the bottle of stuff.

I did two coats, more or less followed the directions and I am knocked out with the results. In a little over a week, it still looks great.

Here's my impressions/opinions:

1. It's ridiculously easy to use.
2. It isn't Armor-All from the 80's.
3. It works just like advertised.
4. I expect it to last quite a while, Mequiar's doesn't seem to put out poor-performing junk.
5. I can't believe how easy it is to use.

Next up- all the other black plastic trim, including removing the front windshield cowl, which is the worst. It's the typical 5+ year old faded, gray plastic.

"Forever Black", Cerekote and KIWI Black Leather Dye's don't streak after application and drying but sometimes give uneven finish requiring additional coats. Prep is everthing as if the plastic is not clean from stuff like silicone trim coating the dyes won't last.

I have recently bought this and applied it to the rear bumper guard strip on my 2015 Lexus RX350. I had washed the car a couple of days prior, so I just "cleaned" the plastic strip with a spray of window cleaner and wiped it down with a MF towel and let it dry while I walked around and got the mail, rolled the trash can down the 300' driveway and shook the bottle of stuff.

I did two coats, more or less followed the directions and I am knocked out with the results. In a little over a week, it still looks great.

Here's my impressions/opinions:

1. It's ridiculously easy to use.
2. It isn't Armor-All from the 80's.
3. It works just like advertised.
4. I expect it to last quite a while, Mequiar's doesn't seem to put out poor-performing junk.
5. I can't believe how easy it is to use.

Next up- all the other black plastic trim, including removing the front windshield cowl, which is the worst. It's the typical 5+ year old faded, gray plastic.
I think Meguirs is not as goo as it used to be....It was a family owned company until 2008 when 3M purchased it...

I think Meguirs is not as goo as it used to be....It was a family owned company until 2008 when 3M purchased it...
No, the Meguiars products do not seem to hold up that well anymore when compared to cheaper products but there are lots to choose from at the local big box. If you want something to last you will have to pay the piper as they say. If you have a local detailer check his prices AND products fot the BEST stuff. Most people go with saving money only to come back sooner. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.

I like the initial results.
81EE963B-025E-440F-8358-95B76C796345.jpg

Back