Mazda CX-30 problem that Mazda ignores

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to be more aggressive. They successfully broke you. My wife's car I left at the dealer for a month for them to fix a noise and leak when under warranty. I told them I didn't pay for a broken car. I had a free loaner the whole time.

Ahhh the joys of a modern vehicle. Back in February the battery in the Subaru went flat. OEM (undersized) battery so no biggie. Couple weeks later I want to say it was dead as well. Swapped it out at the parts store. Couple months it seemed like the car struggled to start first thing some times. Little over a month ago I took it to work on Friday and it was also driven Saturday. Came Monday and it was completely dead and read 4V. Had to use my old "dumb" charger to get it to charge. Took it in to the Subaru dealer and they found the DCM (Subaru Starlink module) was not shutting down properly. Part is on national backorder so it has been over a month so far. Fuse for it is pulled, but unfortunately the front speakers do not work with the fuse pulled. So if I am taking it for the week to work I'll put the fuse in. Got to have my tunes!

My 06 Acura TL had a similar problem with the bluetooth module. Even though it stopped working in the car, it was still sending info to the ECU which drained the battery. You have to unplug the unit that is located near the rear view mirror.

The comment (lecture?) on the CX30 forum about having to lock the car when it's in the garage is total BS.

This is just silly, there’s no reason for the cars network to be awake for up to thirty minutes. It’s no wonder the message has become a problem. When you get your survey from Mazda let them know how dissatisfied you are.
My Chrysler 300C will wake up if you walk by it with the key but goes to sleep in 30 second’s if the door isn’t opened (regardless of where the key is).

If it has the dreaded auto shutoff at stop lights disable it.
Instead of changing the battery, its draining the hell out of your battery.
As for the fob, I don't know how mazda does it, but my fob sits in the cup holder of my car for up to 2 weeks, and when I open the garage and push the button it fires right up, and no low battery warning.
My parents Kia was infamous for the low battery warning from day one of ownership.
I did a little reading, and disable the automatic engine shutoff in it, and they've never seen the low battery warning again.

So I'm reading the TSB as there isn't really a battery drain issue and this just happens if the network is awake cumulatively for 30 mins between engine starts? As in sitting there in auxiliary mode for 30 mins between engine starts?

This kind a issue blows my mind, meanwhile the WS6 has a 9 year old battery in it.
The Caprice has relays to shut the USB/Charging ports down when the car is off.
This should be something that is fixable. I would be mildly annoyed.

I have a 2020 cx-30 (preferred trim fwd) but I have never had any kind of battery warning. I have had the doors open while I clean the interior quite a few times.

In the thread linked in first post, someone said the dealer had found a shorted relay and after it was replaced, he had no more issues.

Now the rain sensor in my cx-30 has never worked, I can see that the sensor is not adhered to the windshield correctly. I just haven't bothered taking it in for that yet. I need to do that before warranty is up.

I did find a loose fuse in the dash fusebox soon after buying it, but could not find an empty spot for it there or in the fusebox under the hood, so I assume it is a spare. Maybe that unused fuse is preventing my battery drain lol.

Edit: bolded because for the rest of the thread (on cx-30talk.com) no one commented on that possible fix. Seems plausible to me that a bad batch of relays got into some cars, and caused a battery drain?
As a follow up to my post, I have multiple vehicles and sometimes do not drive my cx-30 for a week (or two). I have also left a spare phone plugged into one of the usb ports for several days (I don't know if it tries to charge the phone when the car is off) and I have never had issues with low battery or any messages about the battery.

If this was an issue with all cx-30 because the system keeps alive for some reason, I believe I would have experienced the issue.

I charged her battery and the next day it gave the warning again.... when I put it back on the trickle charger it took several hours to fully charge. While this is not scientific it does tell me the battery is draining. I'm not surprised with all the 'warnings' on the vehicle (and most modern cars). Mazda should figure out the problem (it's probably software related....whatever that means) and fix it.
Did you measure battery voltage???

That's a Premium Japanese car electrical problem.

it sounds like Mazda COULD do a software fix for it, if they had the motivation. Maybe if enough people complain to Mazda USA corporate, they would take action.

Too bad this issue doesn't appear with their press cars, because if enough of the press complains about it, they would also fix it.

Since Mazda likes to advertise on Social Media.... get a video and post it on social media. If enough owners do it, thus the youtube viewers see it... and Mazda's no-solution for it... it would motivate Mazda to actually address it.

No...I don't have access to the car right now.
That's a Premium Japanese car electrical problem.

it sounds like Mazda COULD do a software fix for it, if they had the motivation. Maybe if enough people complain to Mazda USA corporate, they would take action.

Too bad this issue doesn't appear with their press cars, because if enough of the press complains about it, they would also fix it.

Since Mazda likes to advertise on Social Media.... get a video and post it on social media. If enough owners do it, thus the youtube viewers see it... and Mazda's no-solution for it... it would motivate Mazda to actually address it.
That's one of the reasons I posted it on this sight. When people realize there is an issue and question the dealer before purchasing...maybe the dealer network will start complaining about lost sales forcing a solution. Mazda knows there's an issue but refuse to fix it (as the TSB in post #25 mentions).

No...I don't have access to the car right now.

That's one of the reasons I posted it on this sight. When people realize there is an issue and question the dealer before purchasing...maybe the dealer network will start complaining about lost sales forcing a solution. Mazda knows there's an issue but refuse to fix it (as the TSB in post #25 mentions).
This site only reaches a limited audience.

People that research for specific programs would tend to go on a dedicated Mazda CX-30 forum, or with social media, it pops up on your feed based on search and viewing history.

Agreed, we need to know voltages.If and when you park it,get a voltage,wait a day,repeat.You need a paper trail for the dealer.If the light comes on,a reading.If you don't have it on paper,a dealer will not take you serious

just TOOOO much tech!! a work around for vehicles rarely used like my 2001 TT roadster, aka summer car is a CHEEP battery disconnect that goes on the negative terminal + a quick unscrew or the knob + EVERYTHING is OFF!! the TT is hi-tech for its time + driven rarely the battery drained but the disconnect i also used on my 56 Chev is an eze fix, of course resetting stuff is a pain which i dont bother to do.

Those are weird issues. We almost went with the CX-30 in 2021, but she preferred the Tucson's driver position and handling. It's been really good for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back