Mazda B2300 Missing Driver Side Fender Skirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought an 06 Mazda B2300 truck as a second utility vehicle.

I noticed the driver side wheel well is missing a fender skirt, the passenger side has it. The driver side has holes to snap one there.

I thought it was left out. I went to the dealer and was told the driver side skirt rubbed against the steering component and Ford decided to remove it. They showed me a couple of others on the lot and they are all missing the driver side skirt.

Does anyone know anything about this on the B series and the Ford Ranger?

Those started disappearing around 2003 or 2004 I believe. I think it was just on the 4.0L models initially for better cooling, but more recently all trucks have had the guard deleted.

My truck is a 2001 and has both sides. I personally have not had any problems with them.

Sometimes they show up on eBay, but if the truck stays on paved roads, you should be fine without it.

I have an 03 Ranger and have been on 3 different Ranger owner websites for about 3 years. This has been discussed a few times on those sites. Sometimes the trucks have that skirt and sometimes they don't. The most popular theory why they don't, based mainly on what the dealers have told Ranger owners, is that its to keep the engine compartment cooler. Another popular theory is that on some production runs the skirt gets accidently left off. This is my theory. My 03 Ranger has the skirts on both sides. Some of the 03 Rangers have the skirt on both sides and some don't. Some guys who bought their truck new and got no driver's side skirt have been able to talk the dealer into installing one free.

Why not just take both sides off? at least it would look more even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back