Maytag quality dropping?

I have a Speed Queen washer that just turned 10 years old. It hasn't missed a beat. I believe I have read that there may be outsourcing for some parts now. I think they had also introduced another design along with the old that wasn't entirely successful.

I didn't view skyactiv's comparison video yet, but it is true that the SQ top loader is a bit tough on clothes. Long ago, I started using the permanent-press cycle for everything except ratty towels. It's still a pretty robust cycle and minimizes wear. Mine seems to do an excellent job on cleaning. Again, mine is a ten-year-old model which I believe was all US sourced.
🤣 ratty towels? Is that a Curb your enthusiasm reference?

Just get a SpeedQueen. IIRC some models still use the same design and parts from commercial washers sold in the 80's. You can even buy them with the coin operated slots, if you have college kids that come home for laundry. :ROFLMAO:

Heavy machines but the delivery guys take care of that. 3 year warranty, buy it once and forget it.

I have a Speed Queen dryer that's been ok for 2 years but has now developed an intermittent squeak. Online it says it just may need lubrication or it may need a new belt tensioner. Not awesome at 2 years old. I probably will not replace the GE washer with Speed Queen because they're too small and there are quite a few complaints online. Many claim they aren't what they used to be. I'll probably look at Bosch or Miele.

Back