Maxpro 0w20 2400mi 2020 jeep gladiator

My gladiator has been a disaster this is 2400mi after 2 cam replacements and 12 lifters now its back in the shop for another cam. I need some help understanding this analysis report. Iron seems way higher than any other vehicle I've owned and the viscosity is wrong . It's had 0w20 since new no additives. Also the oil was dark black after 2400miles.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231010_190306_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20231010_190306_OneDrive.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 60
That is high iron but I would see if it's going to trend down at all first before going at it again. There is going to be some iron with work. Aluminum is slightly elevated but the only out of whack is the iron. Just run it & see what happens after 15-25k If the iron gets worse then put it back into the shop that did the work since cam replacement didn't work.

That is high iron but I would see if it's going to trend down at all first before going at it again. There is going to be some iron with work. Aluminum is slightly elevated but the only out of whack is the iron. Just run it & see what happens after 15-25k If the iron gets worse then put it back into the shop that did the work since cam replacement didn't

It ate another cam at 2400 miles thats why the sample was pulled and they are replacing it now. Any idea why the viscosity is off?
Visc. low probably because of fuel but since ALS doesn't test gasoline on reg. vehicle samples we don't know for sure.

I'd think that either the wrong grade was somehow used, or that the oil was highly oxidized in only 2400 miles. If the oil flowing around the failing engine components was getting extremely hot, that would accelerate the oxidation process and thicken the oil more quickly. You could ask the lab to test for oxidation if they're able to, but I'm not sure how much value there is in knowing whether or not that's the cause.

thought the silicon also is high,,check or install good air filter,maybe change brand of oil to a 5w-30 as the lower vis. may not be doing your cams any good,,pcv valve should be checked,,perhaps try pennzoil ultra platinium use good top tier fuel and injector/fuel cleaner

Back