MaxLife Synthetic: New Product

Status
Not open for further replies.
MaxLife Synthetic is safe for new and rebuilt engines and will not void new car warranties. Recommended for engines specifying API SL/SJ, ACEA A3/B3/B4, BMW LL01/98, VW502.00/505.00, MB229.3/229.1. See owners manual for appropriate viscosity.

Sizes and Grades

Name 5W-30 Motor Oil
Size Quart
Part VV179
UPC 0-74130-00179-4

Name 10W-30 Motor Oil
Size Quart
Part VV180
UPC 0-74130-00180-0

Valvoline says this synthetic is fortified compared to their regular synth product - more friction and AW compounds, lower volatility, etc. Looks like another winner from this excellent line of products. Note that it meets Euro Long-Life (LL) standards.

[ April 10, 2004, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: rugerman1 ]

I checked some out today. Great specs, a heavy 30 weight plus Hi-Mi adds. The VW Long-Life spec, 503.01 is missing though. It smelled like other good oils....estery.
grin.gif

Interesting, a synthetic oil that is high mileage. Could one use the High Mileage 5W-30 for a substitute for a 40 grade, like a 5W-40? Since high mileage stuff is a bit thicker, thats why no energy conserving. I might give this a try, to see if it helps reduce oil consumption in my 02 VW Jetta GLS 2.0L . By the way what is 503.01, requirement for Audi? 505 diesel and 502 gas engine.

[ April 09, 2004, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: lpcmidst128 ]

cool.gif
I'll probably run it in my van after I finish the Auto-RX. I was going to use either M1 or Valvo Synpower 10w-30 and change it 2x a year instead of the dino 4x a year.

One area I have always worried, is with a product like Max life that has a seal sweller in it, and if you are using in in an engine thats near new, over time what effect would this have?

There seems to be a tacky image linked to the after market add in brands of oil treatments, but what would be the long term effects of having a seal swell treatment in the oil from day one?

quote:

Originally posted by Francis:
One area I have always worried, is with a product like Max life that has a seal sweller in it, and if you are using in in an engine thats near new, over time what effect would this have?

See my response under the thread "seals."

Hey this Maxlife synthetic looks like killer oil. Finally a Valvoline product may get some respect on the BITOG site!
grin.gif

I saw this oil yesterday at Advance Auto. They had it priced at $4.98 versus $4.38 for the "regular" Valvoline synthetic. All Mobil 1's, including 0W-40, were $4.68.

Whimsey

quote:

Originally posted by Whimsey:
I saw this oil yesterday at Advance Auto. They had it priced at $4.98 versus $4.38 for the "regular" Valvoline synthetic. All Mobil 1's, including 0W-40, were $4.68.

Whimsey

too bad it didn't replace the original maxlife for 2.14. now that would be a killer bargain

quote:

Originally posted by Bobert:
What are the specs for these two oils? (cSt@100, VI, Pourpoint, etc.)

I would not worry about excessive seal swell with new cars - the product is rated for new cars, and I think the seal issue is to keep them pliant (as most syns do, whether they swell/srhink based on PAO/ester basestocks).

Also, some of the new "older car" products we have analyzed were just re-labelled as far as we could tell - the Valvoline products are truly rformulated, and I think that valvoline should be commnended. The ML products looks even better than V's Synpower, which is a fine product in its own right. One should not infer that Synpower was inferior to the competition at all.

Here ya go:
http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=197819&highlight=5w40

The specs on these two oils.
grin.gif

Name 5W-30 Motor Oil
Size Quart
Part VV179
UPC 0-74130-00179-4

Name 10W-30 Motor Oil
Size Quart
Part VV180
UPC 0-74130-00180-0