MaxLife ATF use where ford Mercon V call for ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Max Life ATF
My 98 Mustang GT automatic / 05 Expedition 5.4l , transmission and power steering fluid is all call for Mercon V , Can I use max life for these application ?

also my family honda maxlife transmission fluid in all of them.

Many have done it. I would imagine it would help with preventing shudder, as it apparently has more friction modifiers than MC Mercon V, although IIRC the viscosity at 100C is about 5.9cst, whereas MC Mercon V is 7.0.

I might try it in my old Mark VIII to see if it helps slow a front seal weep.

I just serviced the 6F50 in my wifes Taurus X with Maxlife. It was doing fine before and is doing just as good (if not better) after. I believe I will use it in my '07 F-150 next service.

Originally Posted By: sonofbumperbolt
I just serviced the 6F50 in my wifes Taurus X with Maxlife. It was doing fine before and is doing just as good (if not better) after. I believe I will use it in my '07 F-150 next service.

do you can on using on your power steering fluid too ?

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
Originally Posted By: sonofbumperbolt

do you can on using on your power steering fluid too ?

Sorry, didn't touch the PS fluid.

Isn't there more than one MaxLife? MaxLife LV is the one I have used for my "3309" applications with super success but I do recall buying clearance MerconV because I think I had to.

Sory if that doesn't help too much.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Use it in your Fords certainly, but I would skip the Hondas.

why ? I think many use maxlife on honda transmission, that require ATF Z1

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Use it in your Fords certainly, but I would skip the Hondas.

why ? I think many use maxlife on honda transmission, that require ATF Z1

Just got an email from max life support, include a PDF, he say Im fine to use maxlife atf on all my ford require mercon V , and even power steering
smile.gif
. I am good to go
smile.gif

Sorry I didn't respond when you first asked in the other thread, got busy, but yeah, Maxlife is fine in a 05 Expedition and most any gas engine RWD Ford of that era that calls for Mercon V. I haven't used it much, but whenever I burn through my stash of Motorcraft Mercon V, I'd have no problem using Maxlife.

I think the 6-speed was introduced for the '07 model year, and all '05s were 4-speeds, but definitely check by the VIN to be sure of what it has.

The 6 speed started in 2005 I know in Navigators, and I think it was an option on Expeditions. Either way, OP if you want to PM me the last 8 of your VIN, I can tell for sure.

Its 4 speed automatic. Its had little very little shuddler at highway speed, when I step on it at 70mph it have little problem shifting back and forward, also it will shuddler little going up hill while in OD

Try the Maxlife, and if it still shudders, consider trying Lubegard Red or Dr. Tranny Instant Shudder Fixx. I've seen Shudder Fixx work wonders in a neglected '98 4R70W Expedition that had well over 200K. '05 4-speeds have 4R75Ws I think.

Dr. Tranny is nothing short of amazing. Definitely give it a shot if nothing else works on that shudder.

Mercon or Maxlife with Dr. Tranny is solid gold in Ford transmissions that call for Mercon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back