Maxlife atf mix with M1???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a mechanical fluid exchange (15qts) on my car with the old syn M1 MerconV back at 175k. Well my car has 209k and it's time to change the fluid again. This time around I plan on doing drain & fill once I change the oil next week. Will it be ok for me to purchase the Maxlife atf for the drain & fill? Will it mix ok with syn M1 atf? I know that ML makes great oil but I didn't know about the atf. After reading the pdf specs on ML, I see that it's a syn. I would rather purchase that because the M1 aft is more expensive since they changed the bottle and I'm starting to think that I can get a better value with the ML. Thanks!!

Originally Posted By: Onmo'Eegusee
Yes, it will be fine. Are you sure its a syn? Last time I bought some it was a blend. Regardless, it is good stuff.

Thanks buddy. I thought I would get more responses than just one! I've always thought that it was a blend but after reading this link http://www.valvoline.com/pdf/Maxlife_ATF.pdf I see that it is a synthetic...idk it could be false advertisment.

There have been some recent threads about success with Maxlife ATF. I plan on doing a transmission drop and install a in line spin on filter on a '98 Ford F150 as soon as the weather gets better around here.

I have been searching on info on Maxlife ATF also as I bought 7 quarts on closeout a week ago.

Everything I have found has been a positive review.

The only negative review I have found has to do with Maxlife ATF Stop Leak, but that is a different product that does not apply. (Never use "stop leaks" just fix the issue)

You can absolutely mix Maxlife and M1. I did it in my wife's Forester. No problems at all. That was over a month ago.

Originally Posted By: Tremo
You can absolutely mix Maxlife and M1. I did it in my wife's Forester. No problems at all. That was over a month ago.

Thanks! I plan on buying the ML atf when I do my pan drop this Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back